The EPMO Manager is responsible for the leadership, strategic direction, initiatives and implementation of project management practices within the organization.
They are also responsible for staffing, operation and ongoing development of the EPMO function within the 7-Eleven organization. The manager's leadership will move the organization to our goal of improving project success.
Management of the EPMO's daily operations will ensure the accurate capture and dissemination of project information, consistent support of 7-Eleven project initiatives and timely administration of the EPMO's services to its various constituents and stakeholders.
As opportunities arise for the continued development and refinement of the business processes, the EPMO Manager will define and direct various process improvement projects to ensure that business goals and objectives are met.
- Provide leadership with the area of project delivery
- Work with department andotherteam leaders to develop, implement, coordinate and improve project and program management functions and processes:
- Solution framework project delivery
- Project planning and definition process
- Progress Metrics (Projects, Phases, Milestones, Hours,Budget,Staffing
- Business engagement model
- Status Briefings and Reports
- Dashboard status reporting for the entire project portfolio
- Governance and compliance verification over project portfolio and other organizations within the enterprise
- Act as the liaison to IT and business leadership to ensure quality and program compliance
- Present management reports and briefings to the PMO executive sponsor, business sponsors, and/or executive steering committee.
- Direct the EPMO'stechnologystrategies, implementations and use guidelines
- EPMO website
- Project management tools and/or toolset(s)
- Project Initiation, Planning and Estimating
- Project Scheduling (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Process Management
- Resource Management
- Document Management
- Interfaces with other 7-Eleven systems (e.g. Oracle, Financial Planning, QA, etc.)
- Direct the EPMO's project management methodology, strategies, implementation and use guidelines
- Develop and manage the EPMO's communications strategies and plans
- Perform risk management and issue management activities at the program level
- Manage the training strategies, plans and curriculums for 7-Eleven project managers and the supporting methods, templates, and tools used by the organization
- Direct and manage EPMO assistance to individual project managers asrequired
- Portfolio Management
- Project planning and definition
- Communication planning and status reporting
- Detailed project reviews
- Project management processes, templates, and tools
- Own and develop the EPMO infrastructure
- Organizational structure development, staffing and ongoing staff management
- EPMO budget development, forecasting and tracking
- Implementation and support of project managementtechnology solutions
- Education: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree PMP, ITIL
- Experience: 10, PM, ITSM.
- Experience implementing and managing near-shore/off-shore service providers in tiered support model.
- Experience managing multiple outsourced service providers. Experience in managing large projects with multiple vendors.
- Experience managing to Service/Operating Level Agreements for multiple operating units.
- Outstanding people management and mentoring skills.