This position will be responsible for leading and further enhancing the Information Governance Program within the enterprise. This position will champion the communication of the value of data governance to stakeholders as well as provide education of data governance while increasing the organizations data literacy. This entails serving as the primary point of responsibility, accountability and activity monitoring as it relates to the assessment, improvement and governance of data quality and ongoing fitness-for-purpose of the organizations critical information assets.
This position will monitor information related standards, policies, and procedures to minimize risk and deliver business value. Development of standards, tools, and governance for capturing, modeling, storing, and delivering data for the enterprise.
This position will develop processes to collect and maintain a current inventory of the information assets made available to IT and business partners. The role will oversee assignment of the data governance definition/glossaries to the physical data assets across the enterprise and demonstrate data lineage.
This will include developing a high-level enterprise data model and conceptual views of related data sub-architectures (e.g., database, data integration, data warehouse/business intelligence, reporting, metadata, and content management architectures) that will be used for on-going assessments and risk management.
This role will champion the Enterprise Master Data Management strategy and its capabilities throughout the organization. Responsible for overseeing and coordination of all MDM processes. Will work with business and stakeholders to develop and refine MDM domains and implement necessary governance, change management, data stewardship and quality controls. Develop, maintain and present communications around MDM roadmap, utilization and overall health of MDM program through metrics and KPIs.
- Responsible for the data quality program
- Assist in defining the data management vision and implement data management strategies and processes.
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness.
- Engages with business leadership to quantify and articulate the business impact of data quality issues
- Develop remediation plans: monitor and track data quality issues, identify and close gaps in collaboration withbusiness and IT groups.
- Develop data quality standards and implement monitoring processes
- Engage leadership to advocate for prioritization of data quality initiatives
- Drive development and implementation of prioritized initiatives organization wide to ensure goals are met. Build and conduct data quality maturity assessments
- Promote ongoing engagement of data stewards and data domain owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Responsible for the master data management function
- Development of Enterprise MDM domains
- Identification and coordination of enterprise data stewards
- Development of MDM rules (I.e. matching, survivorship) and workflow processes
- Develop processes to monitor MDM quality and accuracy
- Document usage of MDM throughout the enterprise
- Responsible for governance of information
- Inventory and Understand internal and external data.
- Monitor data governance processes
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and common metric definitions.
- Drive the capture of business definitions, taxonomies and linkage to technical lineage within the metadata tool
- Leadership role on project/business activities including but not limited to Internal Audit, Independent Audit, and various Risk Assessments - ensure controls and processes are documented, implemented, and monitored.
- Develop processes to facilitate engagement and collaboration with data owners, data stewards, data consumers and IT to collaborate on data definitions.
- Coordinate and execute information governance improvements across enterprise.
- Communication lead of the information governance roadmap to senior management and governance committees
- May lead a staff of Data Analysts in implementing foundational processes and tools to support Information Governance Program for the organization.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience leading a governance or similar type function
- Prefer experience in MDM, Data Governance, Information Governance, and Data Architecture
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality and master data management concepts; familiar with data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audience. Strong communicator and presenter.
- Bachelor’s degree is required