Functions/Duties of PositionThis senior leader is a part of the Technical Infrastructure Design & Engineering (TIDE) management team and is responsible for managing a team that architects, develops, tests, implements, and maintains OHSU's server/compute platforms, storage platforms and backup infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for technical leadership, vendor relationship management, project management, stakeholder management and balancing team priorities, while ensuring that high quality customer service is delivered in compliance with OHSU and ITG technical directives, policies, and procedures.
The manager has to work closely with other teams such as security and network engineering to architect a safe, secure and effective computing and storage environment at OHSU.
As part of this position the Manager is responsible for developing and fostering relationships across teams. The Manager must foster strong working relationships across teams to develop partnerships, trust and a transparent process that inform staff and allow engineers to solve problems in a collaborative manner.
In conjunction with ITG Vendor Relations, this position oversees existing contracts with information technology vendors ranging from infrastructure equipment providers to enterprise software providers to hardware vendors. The manager must plan and oversee capital projects and maintain capital and operational budgets for all roles within this position.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible management positions in Information Technology, including budgeting and financial reporting
- Proven track record managing competing operational and project priorities for diverse customer groups.
- Experience leading a staff of highly skilled IT professionals, relying upon them for their expertise and technical knowledge
- Proven collaboration, communication, and political navigation skills
- Demonstrated ability to value team success above individual recognition and accomplishments
- Proven record of balancing new technology with a conservative approach in order to provide highly reliable services (at times cutting edge) safely to a risk adverse customer base
- Experience managing 24x7 coverage for response to mission critical service problems
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant organizational skills and has led projects from conception through successful implementation
- Proven formal and informal skills as an instructor and coach
- Ability to deal with change and communicate change to a variety of functional groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting new systems and infrastructure in a large scale networked environment
- Experience in supporting large mission critical/high availability systems in multiple production environments including solution design and tuning
- Ability to influence, motivate, and provide clear direction in a collaborative fashion
- Expert skills using accepted change control management processes
- Expert knowledge and skills in Windows (or Unix) server architecture, configuration, and systems administration
- Skilled in overseeing multiple projects with budget responsibilities, as well as operational budgets
- Advanced and proven technology analytic skills that demonstrate accepted systems analysis processes including expert skills for root cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professionalism
- Advanced, broad-based "IT technical generalist" knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven and recognized as a team player with excellent coordination and communication abilities
- Proven ability to effectively multitask