There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 30 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Manager, Enterprise Application Development
Serves as the technical leader and primary technology decision-maker for Insperity’s line of business applications, enterprise services and cloud platforms. Works with department leaders and stakeholders to align enterprise and solution design guidance with Insperity’s strategic technology vision. Works with solutions designers to align solution designs with enterprise concerns.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Guides, defines, and directs the strategy and development of business applications, enterprise services and cloud platforms.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance around enterprise concerns.
- Partners with product management to create and maintain roadmaps that align technology strategy with product direction.
- Works with product managers and business stakeholders to understand evolving product trends and priorities as they translate to changing enterprise concerns.
- Participates in essential sprint scrum ceremonies on teams as needed to validate solution/enterprise guidance.
- Provides direction and guidance to Solution Designers to ensure balance between tactical solutions and enterprise concerns.
- Provides direction and guidance to the Systems Analyst group to identify and resolve architectural flaws as part of the root cause analysis process.
- Acts as product owner to prioritize product backlogs for shared services and applications.
- Collaborates with ITS management to help provide cohesive leadership to project and product teams.
- Proactively explores, investigates, and evaluates new technologies, technology trends, and evolving and emerging patters in software development, enterprise architecture, and related concerns. Makes recommendations to ITS management regarding adoption of new technologies.
- Represents Insperity to external professional, technical and standards organizations as it relates to the advancement and adoption of technology. Continually investigates standards and practices that may have applicability to Insperity’s vertical domains.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required.
- Fourteen or more years of professional experience is typically required.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, FEA etc.).
- Broad knowledge of software development practices and procedures.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possesses a strong customer service attitude.
- Exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes.
- Adept at problem solving, particularly when applied to workflow, automation, and people based processes.
- Solid grasp of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
- Deep understanding of enterprise architectural concepts and fundamentals of elegant software design.
- Ability to deliver strategic enterprise solutions and to make sound qualitative judgments on appropriateness and effectiveness of approaches.
- Expertise in predominant .NET programming languages (C#, VB.NET).
- Broad knowledge and experience of Microsoft development technologies, particularly .NET Framework, WCF, WF, WPF, XAML, Silverlight, LINQ, ADO.NET Entity Framework, ASP.NET, and Visual Studio Team System.
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server, SQL language, and relational concepts.
- Familiarity with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Knowledge of ancillary technologies in use at Insperity, such as Java, PowerBuilder, IBM Informix, Informatica and WebFOCUS, or an ability to quickly learn any of these if needed.