Under general direction, the Manager, Enrollment Services is responsible for the daily operations of patient enrollment services and financial counseling system-wide. Manage the functions of enrollment and financial counseling to meet revenue cycle goals and metrics. Ensure all patients who seek services have been financially screened for coverage. Evaluates and supervise staff; meet productivity and quality targets, recruits and hires; assists in quality assessment and improvement initiatives; improves internal and external customer satisfaction; and develops quality monitoring systems. Performs related duties as required.
- Manages and direct the day-to-day activities of the Enrollment and Financial Counseling Units at multiple sites; ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained on all shifts; assesses patient volumes and patient flow for maximum coverage; ensures that staff has access to various information systems applications (i.e., One-E App, CalWin, HDX, etc.) hardware, printer and other necessary tools available to achieve maximum performance.
- Develops and meets annual budget targets and goals assigned by the Director of Admitting and Registration and tied to performance. Analyzes new and existing sources of data to monitor progress against goals. Provides remediation plans when necessary to meet targets.
- Implements quality assessment and improvement initiatives; develops internal and external customer satisfaction surveys and methods for rewarding evidence of progress and improvement; communicates goals to all levels of staff and regularly assesses achievement.
- Must be able to perform all functions of an Eligibility Specialist and Eligibility Clerk; sets high standards of professional performance.
- Cross trains and utilizes creative staffing models to enhance staff development and job satisfaction. Develops team concepts within AHS 's internal and external diverse environment. Identifies staffing needs and recruitment strategies to achieve best practices in all areas.
- Improves upon new systems and make recommendations regarding integration of disparate information systems to achieve efficient communication between facilities and enrollment functions; develops partnerships with staff, vendors and information systems support staff to ensure best practices with information systems tools.
- Reviews all related work place environments to ensure safe, efficient and functional areas for both staff and the public, makes recommendations and ensures follow-up to completion when work place improvements are needed.
- Forges relationships with stakeholders inside and out of the facility for eligibility and enrollment services related to County, State and federally sponsored coverage programs; communicates regularly with clinical staff, Business Office, Union Representatives, other County agencies and patient liaisons to build and improve upon relationships.
- Oversees staff training to ensure high levels of performance. Training objectives include the appropriate determination of eligibility coverage for medical care coverage under a variety of private and public healthcare programs and the arrangement of payment plans for self-pay patients. Works withDepartment of Social Services to provide ongoing training in all aspects of Medi-Cal and otherfinancial assistance program; subscribes to and maintains all available Medicare, Medi-Cal, Alameda Alliance for Health and other pertinent manual; reads, interprets and distributes regulatory information to all Managers, supervisors and staff.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or other related field.
Experience: Three to Five years progressively responsible supervisory or management experience in hospital based Patient Finance areas, such as, Admitting, Registration, or Financial Counseling area.