The Enterprise Technology Engineering group in Seattle develops Internet applications and services for all the domestic and international businesses and brands across The Walt Disney Company. Our business partners include ESPN, ABC, Disney Internet Media Group, Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, & Disney Consumer Products. Consumer Identity and Data Platforms teams provide critical consumer facing access and identification services across TWDC.
For our business partners to leverage Enterprise Technology services in a complaint intuitive and efficient way we have created a platform named Launchpad. The Launchpad Platform includes multiple applications that enable the governance, efficiency,onboarding, and management of enterprise solution integrations with TWDC products.
The Manager of Engineering, Launchpad is responsible for the development and management of a set of mission-critical Business Unit facing applications used by ESPN, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, ABC, ABC News, ABC OTV, Disney Interactive, Disney International, Studio, and other groups across TWDC. These applications are responsible for 100% of the Business Units onboardings to the enterprise solutions including consumer identity, Permission Center and Authentication & Authorization services.
The Launchpad team develops a platform with full stack applications that enable digital identity, permission and authentication services for major Disney brands like ESPN, ABC, and Marvel. The manager will be leading talented engineers to implement new applications and enhance existing ones, which enable a higher level of interaction between brands, enterprise solutions and corporate stakeholder while maintaining security, governance and compliance.
This is a highly involved and highly visible leadership positionresponsible for several critical development projects. Primary jobresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Product owner for full suite of Full Stack applications including OneID BU, OneID Admin, L10N Publisher and AuthZ BU. Responsible for setting strategic direction for these services and ensuring that they integrate well with the enterprise solutions and downstream legal and engineering systems.
- Daily management of mission-critical applications in production: provide support and daily engineering support integrated with operations and customer support teams.
- Dev manager for multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new applications and product evolution for existing applications. Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Collaborate extremely closely with other engineering managers and stakeholders to deliver successfully on features and capabilities efficiently and effectively.
- Managing developing and mentoring team of software and DB engineers.
- Responsible for operational and functional integrity of the platform and applications: setting and meeting SLA’s; continuous improvement in quality and performance; developing, monitoring and reporting on key operational and performance metrics.
- Providing detailed, timely and highly-relevant reports and reporting tools to customers of platform and existing applications.
- Collaborate closely with multiple indirect reports and peers from partner groups including QA, Customer Solutions, Build Engineering, Project Management and Operations; as well as close partnership with other engineering teams with interdependent services, including Messaging , Consumer Identity, Foundational Technologies, Architecture and Data Warehouse.
- Working directly with all Business Units to ensure proper implementation of key services and use cases
- Be the change agent. Evangelize best practices for continuous improvement, and adoption of Launchpad across the technology organization.
- Engineering and delivery ownership for suite of full stack applications: setting technical direction, meeting with new and existing customers to align use cases and implementation details. Ensuring long term health and stability of the platform
- Daily engagement with operations of live applications
- Dev manager for multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new applications and product evolution for existing services. Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Managing developing and mentoring engineers
- Budget and cost management
- 8-10 years work experience of software design and development
- Minimum 3 years experience leading complex projects distributed across multiple teams
- Minimum 2-4 years managing software engineering teams, directly or indirectly
- Experience in design and development of full stack applications & platforms
- Experience in design and development using object oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational and nosql databases
- First hand experience designing & developing high-scale web services
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience working in agile and scaled agile (e.g., Scrum, XP, SAFE)
- Object-oriented programming in Java, PHP, Python or C/C++
- Experience delivering via cloud providers, including AWS
- Experience with NoSQL distributed data storage systems and technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.