Manager, Engineering Tech Support (Operational Readiness)
The Manager, Engineering Tech Support role is responsible to ensure that all products, applications, and services introduced into the Technology production network environment are supported as well as provide guidance on those products and services as needed to other Engineering and Operations teams with a world class level of knowledge and excellence.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Coaches and develops the Operations Readiness organization, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Works with senior manager to define goals and complete performance, coaching, and career development reviews.
- Provides technical direction to employees and peers to expedite the investigation and resolution of software and hardware issues within the T-Mobile network.
- Drives long-term design improvements with peers in Network Design to ensure resolution of chronic network issues.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure Service Level Agreements for network fault resolution are maintained.
- Ensures that the T-Mobile Release Planning quality standards are maintained for all new service releases entering the T-Mobile network.
- When required, facilitates training to develop the skills of the T-Mobile front-line technicians and engineers.
- Collaborates with Operations organization to create and monitor metrics to maximize network and employee performance.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ years’ experience in operations and maintenance of a large wireless operatornetwork.
- Total experience with increasing responsibility for service transition processes (experience launching services and processes into production) or equivalent project management or analytics background.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of basic GSM, UMTS, LTE wireless network and supporting Voice Core, IP Infrastructure, Data and Messaging architecture AND/OR Information Technology systems and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in a Wireless NetworkOperator environment.
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities.
- Oral communications: Proven ability to express ideas verbally, including good presentation skills.
- Written communications: Proven ability to produce a variety of business documents that display a command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Negotiation, influence, and leadership skills are essential.
- Intermediate to advanced skills working with Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree. Technical discipline
- Or equivalent experience