What you’ll be doing…
Come and help us continue turning Tableau’s development into a Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Our work helps developers at Tableau use a streamlined Test Infrastructure so that they can help our customers collaborate, converse and make data-driven decisions.
We are considering this work in the context of all tableau versions (desktop, web, mobile) as well as how they will be handled at scale by our various server deployment models (On-Premise, Cloud, Public, SaaS/Online). This is a key area of investment at Tableau and we are looking for an Engineering Leader to join us for the journey.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Own the end to end delivery and timeline of features including design, development and test.
- Communicate with team members and otherdevelopers on a technical level about their work.
- Ensure members of your team have what they need to succeed, from hardware to software to advice and/or assistance from other engineers.
- Mentor and coach your team members individually with the right balance of direction and support.
- Recruit and continue to grow our team by hiring folks who are smart, talented, and a pleasure to work with. Engage with the infrastructure team to develop web-scale infrastructure as the product scales to millions of users and views.
Who you are...
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of experience writing code, 3+ years managing developers and a proven track record of shipping software.
- Technical. You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality.
- Passionate. You have a passion for building features that resonate with users on large web scale infrastructure that "just works".
- Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that are robust, scalable, and performs well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
- Leader. You have the drive and ability to get things done in an innovative and fast paced environment. You manage in order to support others to higher heights.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!