The Manager, Engineering Systems reports to the Global Design Director and is responsible for the efficient and functional mechanical, electrical and data system planning, layout, and development of branch layouts in new and existing domestic and international branches.
He/she must work closely with consultants, contractors, Senior Project Managers and designers ensuring that all aspects of design meet all applicable criteria such as architectural requirements, staff needs, customer usability and appropriate representation of the Bank's image.
The incumbent is also responsible for co-ordinating with design, interior design drawings, sign drawings, preparing BOLDS drawings and reviewing construction documents relative to each project.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Create viable and effective branch and corporate office layouts that satisfy the needs of client groups and the requirements of Bank standards by researching and developing initial plans, reviewing working drawings and specifications of all mechanical and electrical consultants, negotiating with local building departments ensuring that all feasibility studies and construction work complies with legislation and by preparing feasibility studies that provide creative solutions to premises related problems.
- Create detailed BOLDS drawings and BOLDS related specifications based on approved layouts by preparing layouts of all data and wiring conditions consistent with Bank standards.
- Conduct a quality control review on all executions of drawings during the construction phase by resolving any questions, problems, or issues arising from architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, contractors, or Senior Project Managers during construction.
- Completing research, support and recommendations to the department management in the research, development and execution of special projects as assigned by the Global Design Director.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competenices:
- The incumbent must have specialized expertise in the design and layout of mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems in addition to the analytical, drafting, and architectural skills required of all Branch Planning and Design staff.
- He/she works in a complex and changing field and must have in-depth knowledge and remain current of the changes in the areas of real estate construction and municipal and provincial building codes as well as the Bank's security requirements. An understanding of the Bank's strategic direction in the area of premises design is necessary.
- He/she must be resourceful and creative in order to provide the Bank and its customers with well designed retail premises. Excellent analytical skills are essential in order to accurately evaluate options and to determine which is the most functional solution. Demonstrated organizational, management and leadership skills must be combined with a high level of energy since the incumbent typically has several projects underway, and is receiving input and direction from many sources for each project. Details are very important and can be time-consuming, so it is essential to have a commitment to spend extra time as needed to ensure that the quality of work represents the standards set by the Bank to protect and improve the Bank's competitive position in the real estate market.
- Personal computer hardware and software knowledge and experience using a technical computer CAD system for drawings and layout design is a requisite. The incumbent must be flexible and able to reliably conduct work within a team environment, be willing to share knowledge and ideas, and display initiative in most situations, as autonomy is expected.
- Initiative and strength in negotiation and conflict-resolution techniques are key to successful completion of assignments, particularly during the construction phases when the incumbent must work with the designers, Senior Project Managers, external consultants and engineers, architects, contractors, domestic and international building inspectors in order to provide a quality control check on the final product. Excellent communication and technical writing skills are necessary to communicate information to, and request information from, both Bank personnel and outside suppliers, and assist with the preparation of business cases, as required. The incumbent must be able to provide direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Ideally, the position requires degrees in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. If only one degree obtained, Mechanical preferred. Must have 5 - 10 years' experience.
Requisition ID: 20150