Job Description At EvergreenHealth, we value and encourage the individuality, involvement and expertise of our team members. Our high-tech, high-touch philosophy allows us to serve our patients to the highest level while appreciating each individual employee as a vital element in our highly skilled, compassionate patient care team. Our employees are dedicated to service excellence and family-centered care: with this commitment we partner providers with patients and families to deliver exceptional care to our community.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Plant Operations specialists, engineering, maintenance and grounds staff and that the environment of care is safe and comfortable and maintained according to regulatory standards for both patient and public areas. Ensures that maintenance and improvements to the physical (building) structures are sound, safe, and timely through management of the facilities structural, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and refrigeration systems.
Essential Job Functions:
1. We are the stewards of our culture. How we embrace and live our values and these principles cultivates our culture. We are accountable for exceptional outcomes and for constant improvement.
2. We are committed to continuous, incremental improvement to eliminate waste, inefficiency, ineffective communication, and variations in our processes.
3. We are "teachers and coaches" supporting the professional growth of our staff, to help our teams achieve their highest potential. We are committed to learning and growing as leaders in the application of these principles.
4. We are consistently responsive to those we serve. We listen and communicate effectively, always seeking first to understand and then to be understood. We are inclusive and transparent in our decision making and communications.
5. We role model healthy and rewarding personal lives that are balanced with the demands or our work. We find opportunities every day to genuinely recognize and celebrate the excellent work of our staff, physicians and volunteers.
6. Provides leadership in the planning, implementation and evaluation of ongoing tasks that result in a comfortable, safe, well maintained environment that provides an excellent setting to provide health and wellness care across the continuum.
7. Prepares and manages annual budgets. Approves purchase of equipment and supplies within delegation of authority.
8. Establishes long and short-range goals and objectives for areas of responsibility.
9. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
10. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Works with a variety of materials. Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS) are available within the department for all materials used in this position. It is the responsibility of the user to be familiar with the applicable MSDS before product use. Receives Asbestos Worker training and is expected to use that training when appropriate.
• Effective interactions with vendors and shows competency in contract negotiation skills.
• Ability to communicate with people under his/her supervision as well as other department managers and the public.
• Skill in management (motivation, education, communication, and evaluation).
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, within the department, hospital and within the system.
• Knowledge of hospital/system policies and established confidentiality policies.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend wide range of technical subjects and coordination of details.
• Ability to delegate effectively, set priorities and use good judgment.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• 3 years of experience in institutional facilities management
• Proven success in financial management strategies
• Must have knowledge and ability to apply the principles of Process Improvement.
• Knowledge of healthcare regulations (JC, DOH) and health care financing regulations
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of new trends and techniques in health care.
• Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
• Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience in job related field