This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
* 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
* 8+ years experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools and development methodologies including Java, C#, Scala, Python, NodeJS among many modern horizontal scaling technologies available from AWS, Azure, Apache among others.
* Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
* Experience with Automated test tools such as Selenium, Protractor, JSystem.
* Experience with BDD and TDD tools and methodologies.
* Knowledge and familiarity with the Test Pyramid, as well as an ability to demonstrate and communicate Test Pyramid techniques and design paradigms to development teams.
* Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
* Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
* Development experience with Web Services and related technologies.
* Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
* Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
* A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services. Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, Big Data technologies among other related technologies.
* Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design.
* Experience with telephony, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
* Telecommunications experience with IVR applications or telephony apps.
* Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
* Experience working on open source software projects for Apache and other great open source software organizations.
* Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
* Experience with Test Management tools like Microsoft Test Manager. Xray in JIRA a plus.
* Experience with version control tools and processes.
* Familiar with load testing tools and methodologies. Gatling/Scala a plus.