The Manager Engineering/Facilities manages the activities of the Facilities and Maintenance Department, which ensures the reliable operation of facility equipment, participates in the planning and execution of engineering projects, and maintains the overall facility, machinery, equipment, buildings and grounds.
Incumbent will coordinate the activities of the department and ensure all facility equipment, systems, processes and infrastructure are in safe, proper and efficient working order. He/She will ensure the timely completion of equipment, systems, and infrastructure maintenance activities through management of the work request system as well as oversee the procurement and stocking strategy for maintenance capital and expense spare parts. Additionally, incumbent will lead and manage the development and execution of facility capital budget plans and lead and manage 3rd party contractors that support plant operations and facility infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related discipline
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written and/or verbal procedures, processes, and instruction
- Detailed and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and related process controls, especially manufacturing engineering principles within the industry
- Working knowledge of maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software and an understanding of computerized maintenance management systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and promote team work with department members, plant personnel, contractors, and guests of the facility
- Ability to complete the job without direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of self or others
- Ability to wear a respirator substantiated via quantitative fit testing
- Demonstrated effort towards self-improvement by gaining new knowledge/skills and accepting new assignments
- Demonstrated leadership and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated desire and ability to assume increasing responsibility
- Ability to complete the job following all policies or procedures regarding safety, waste handling, and environmental regulations without direct threat or significant risk to the health, safety or environment
- Five years manufacturing experience
- Prior project or team leadership