The Manager of Engineering External Relations and Communications will manage the Bucknell Engineering Alumni Association (BEAA) and serve as liaison between the College and the office of University Advancement in matters involving engineering alumni relations, fund raising, public relations, and volunteer activities. The position will also work in collaboration with the Dean of Engineering, Executive Assistant to the Dean, the Division of Communications, and University Advancement to enhance the College's visibility and engage engineering alumni and external constituents in strategic priorities.
• Manage activities of the Bucknell Engineering Alumni Association (BEAA) through advising and assisting its Board of Directors in consultation with the dean of engineering. Responsible for planning all meetings of the BEAA Board of Directors with the president and members of the Executive Committee of the BEAA Board.
• Manage activities and meetings of the Dean's Advisory Council in consultation and coordination with the dean of engineering.
• Manage the Engineering Student Board as it relates to the BEAA.
• Responsible for the development of all public relations materials and publications for the BEAA.
• Develop and maintain social media and other digital communications to the BEAA and various stakeholders, including donors, corporations and alumni.
• Develop and oversee the creation, execution and promotion of College and BEAA events in collaboration with the Dean of Engineering and University Advancement.
• Design materials in support of the College-level events to convey a professional image for the College.
• Working with the Dean and the Dean's Executive Assistant, work in collaboration with the Division of Communications to coordinate the development of a comprehensive marketing plan that reinforce the College's goals and positively influence perceptions about the College with external constituents, including through the dissemination of writing, editing and/or production of materials for the College (i.e. social media, digital newsletter, videos, website, digital signage, press releases, fact sheets, ads, brochures, etc.).
• Stay abreast of trends and technologies in social media and communications.
• Establish and maintain close relationships with department faculty and staff to leverage collaboration and partnership opportunities for communication efforts and to ensure synergistic, comprehensive and consistent communication activities across all units.
• Work with the Dean and Executive Assistant to the Dean to develop internal communication strategies and implement efforts to build a sense of community, awareness, support and pride among internal audiences (faculty, staff, students).
• Actively contribute to Bucknell's efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive campus community.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
• At least five years of communications, marketing, writing or event development and management.
• Strong understanding of effective graphic design and the use of the social media as a communication medium.
• Proficient use of a variety of communications tools and platforms, content management systems and social media.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interpret and explain complex information.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Work collaboratively and productively with faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community.
• Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and commitment to promoting and enhancing equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated success and willingness to participate in a team environment.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting, editing and proofreading.
• Demonstrated success in board meeting management and event planning and management.
• Excellent understanding of visual design.
• Confidentiality of information is critical.
• Experience working in higher education and/or complex, decentralized organizations on cross-functional teams.
• Master's degree in journalism, communications or marketing.
• Familiarity with design tools.
• Familiarity with STEM and health related fields.