The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Affiliate Network, we’re smack in the middle of it.
We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technology that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. As the world’s largest and fastest-growing affiliate network ($2 billion in sales and counting), we work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Why build your career at EAN?
- We’re re-inventing online travel, one day at a time – it’s an exciting challenge. We’re super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We’ve got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don’t do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners – from search marketing whiz kids to the world’s leading airlines and travel agents.
- We make a positive impact on how the world’s travelers plan and book their perfect trip. 30,267 times a day, actually.
- We’re a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn’t that cool?
Want to change the way the world travels? Come and join us!
Are you a People manager who wants to work for a strong and innovative online travel technology company? Do you have a passion for enterprise quality software engineering? Do you have what it takes to build and lead a strong development team and be a leader in the Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) technology organization? Are you an advocate of Agile engineering methods? Does working within a service orientated high transactional volume environment excite you? If any of those are true…EAN is the right place for you.
The EAN technology team is currently looking for talented and highly motivated Software Engineering Manager who can build, lead and mentor a team of application engineers, partner with product, architecture, operations and release management teams to support the business by delivering high quality solutions. As the Manager, you would be playing a Lead technical role and will be responsible for the building, leading and mentoring engineers through the full development lifecycle of the solution. You must have the ability to roll up your sleeves and design as well as build quality solutions. You will be managing a team of talented and established engineers.
- Supported by the Development Director, manage teams of software engineers responsible for providing desired functionality to assigned products or services
- Drive agile development methodologies (Scrum & Kanban) on a daily basis
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices of the team.
- Allocate available resources to meet delivery and operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, customers, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Actively participate in the discussion of non-technical business requirements and data gathering
- Actively interface with the EAN product and architecture organization and engage in strategic discussions around technology strategy and initiative support.
- Manage the architecture, design, development, testing, and implementation of software; and ensure they meet established specifications on time and quality standards, and are within budget.
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability.
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives.
- Work with cross-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design.
- Ensure all code is reviewed appropriately and meets quality, operational and architectural standards for successful product delivery
- BS in Computer Science or a similar degree.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in object orientated programming with Java or C++.
- Extensive experience with open source technologies.
- Proven success as a software engineering manager with a track record of on time project delivery.
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Problem solver, assessing risks and pitfalls, taking appropriate risks.
- Deal well with ambiguity.