- Provide technical direction to software engineers (6+) and support engineers (2+) located in US and China.
- Conduct technical discussions with partners to design/propose solutions that ensure flawless data exchange between systems in different entities.
- Be hands-on and lead the team in design and architecture to platformize various solutions (API, EDI, web scrapers, etc.) into a scalable integration platform.
- Analyze current architecture, legacy solutions and build a technology modernization roadmap that enhances our carrier integration platform.
- Set coding, security and other technical standards for the team in line with industry best practices and eHealth Technology standards.
- Champion WIKI standards for technical specs, design documentation and are able to communicate and explain complex technical topics to peers and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain technical debt and new technology roadmap for your area and continually push to deliver it.
- Conduct 1:1 with your team members and provide them with coaching and constructive feedback.
- Collaborate effectively with Product Management, Operations, Stakeholders and external technical teams.
- 10+ years of industry experience in software design and development. 3+ years managing a development team.
- Deep development experience in open source J2EE technologies (Java, Spring, Hibernate, etc.), design patterns, code refactoring, webservice (SOAP, REST), RDBMS and NOSQL (MongoDB knowledge a plus).
- Experience in ETL and other data extraction/transformation technologies (CSV, XML, JSON, web scrappers, etc.).
- Experience with design, architecture, building scalable systems and security standards is a must.
- Experience with SaaS or PaaS is preferred.
- Experience with data integration tools like Pentaho or MS SSIS is a plus.
- Experience in healthcare industry and HIPAA standards like ANSI 834, 820 is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field