Tableau is democratizing advanced the value of advanced analytics and data science with improved integration capabilities for data science tools and platforms. We are looking for a hands-on engineering manager with strong technical skills, management experience and real passion for understanding how to make advanced analytics simple and more accessible for our customers. As an Engineering Manager on the Augmented Analytics team, you will be responsible for the architecture and technical vision of the external services platform that enables our customers to more easily integrate with R, Python and third-party data science services and leading an amazing team of engineers to execute on that vision. Prior experience with R/Python for data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning is preferred but not required.
What you'll be doing…
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery and timeline of features including design, development, and testing
- Coach, mentor, and grow your team towards career goals and maintaining a high level of performance
- Provide technical leadership including architecture and infrastructure optimizations required to meet product requirements
- Collaborate with Tableau product management, thought leaders, and other engineering teams on the data science integration strategy and drive execution for cross organizational efforts to realize this vision
- Drive development best practices to maintain productivity, deliver high software quality, and customer value
Who you are…
- Highly Technical. Proven experience driving cross-team projects from conception through production release
- Experienced. You have 8+ years of software development experience and 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Relentlessly High Standards. You love building great products and have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and empathy for customers. You know how to engineer solutions that balance robustness, scalability and performance.
- Curious. Strong self-motivation to learn new technologies and continuously expand your areas of expertise.
- True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring others. You make the people around you better.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant look-out for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!