The Manager Employer Analytics and Consulting leads a team responsible for the analytics and consulting for a set of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota local and national clients around those clients?healthcare spend and programs. The Manager provides leadership regarding the contents of the reports, the process used to produce and analyze the reports, and the development of employer specific recommendations based on information in the reports. Key internal include contacts in sales, account management, health economics and health management; key external customers include our national and large employer accounts.
- Manage the development and implementation of employer analytic capabilities and consulting to be ?best in class.?
- Collaborate with sector and medical management leadership to identify recommendations to employers that will improve the health outcomes and/or cost performance of their employee plan.
- Work with Clinical teams to develop and enhance clinical management reporting and analyses.
- Collaborate with Health Economics to develop new analytic methods and user-friendly information delivery solutions that will contribute to the ability of the department to play a more strategic role in meeting customer needs.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging evaluation methods and analytical tools and apply as needed and/or justified.
- May be responsible for a set of Blue Cross local and national accounts by preparing periodic cyclical reporting, providing analytic consulting, and attending on-site client meetings.
- Develop and grow a strong consulting capability ? analysts that are trusted and sought by account management, external and internal clients for their expertise in quantitatively derived insights and recommendations.
- Manage staff assignments to ensure effective allocation of resources, skill and career development, policy administration, goal setting and performance reviews.
- Bachelor's degreewith a quantitative emphasis.
- 5years of external or internal consultingexperience in a Healthcare environment.
- 3years or more of direct management or team management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources including modeling, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in consultative collaboration, teamwork, project management and cross functional communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and communicate analytical information to both individuals and groups in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and to senior decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting having diverse professional backgrounds including business, technical and/clinical knowledge.
Knowledge of a Healthcare Analysis tool (MedeAnalytics, HDMS, Optum, etc.).
Proficiency in a programming language (SAS, Visual Basic, etc