Job Description:The Employee Service Center Manager leads a national dedicated team of ESC Administration professionals, serving over 30,000 Cox Automotive team members in the United States across various locations in a shared services center environment. The Employee Service Center Manager provides strategic and operational leadership. This position provides oversight to the transactional and customer service activities of the ESC Administration team. This position works closely to support HR business partners, managers and team members. Also, this position will comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on necessary actions.
The Employee Service Center Manager will focus on team member performance, performance metrics, team building, and employee development to ensure team member effectiveness. The Manager is also responsible for process improvements, work flow efficiency, monitoring of transactional processing for compliance and accuracy, handling projects, and escalated customer concerns resulting in a high-level of support and superior customer service.
- Manage and direct the work of ESC Administrators across locations by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, expediting the workflow, assigning duties, examining work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Develop, lead and motivate the shared service center team through coaching; influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Further develop cross-functional partnership with internal and external HR business partners.
- Oversee internal and external audits as required, and at a minimum on a semi-annual basis.
- Define and Develop performance metrics, monitor team member productivity, and generate appropriate progress reports for review by the leaders.
- Create ad hoc queries and reports, with the ability to manipulate data from multiple sources to track individual and team performance to increase HR Administrator team efficiency.
- Partner with process improvement team and HRTechnology to ensure processes are documented. Drive continuous improvement to promote team efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in a management or lead role
- Shared Services experience in a high volume, large workforce setting.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Kronos, Oracle or similar HRIS software is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Excel, is essential.
- Strong, oral and written communication skills required.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational and analytical skills necessary.
- Knowledge of HRIS and payroll processing software systems.
- Passion for quality customer service and is customer-focused
- Strong collaboration skills across teams
- Demonstrates strong HR knowledge
- Demonstrates flexibility and composure in demanding situations
- Displays positive outlook and gives/welcomes feedback