Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 85 days ago
To lead a team of Employee Relations Specialists and Consultants across US sites (and globally, as needed). To provide timely and objective counsel to Vanguard leaders and employees (crew) throughout their lifecycle with the organization, and to mitigate risk through the application of employment laws and Vanguard policies, effective resolution of crew-related issues and conduct of investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Hires, evaluates, and supervises a team. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Leads and advances initiatives to drive the Crew Relations strategic agenda for the Internal Business Partners organizations (e.g., RIG, IIG, IT&S, FAS, IMG) or the Corporate Partners organizations (e.g., HR, Finance, International, OGC, P&D). Recommends appropriate initiatives, resolution or programs for specific crew situations.
3. Maintains knowledge of current and emerging employment relations laws, regulatory requirements, and trends and guides Crew Relations team in building their knowledge. Serves as a subject matter expert for the team in understanding, monitoring and resolving crew complaints and provides direction in defining the approach and conduct of investigations as needed.
4. Provides insights to Head of Crew Relations and helps design strategies, frameworks, policies, and processes for on-going and regular development of the Crew Relations department and offer. Ensures consistent interpretation and application of U.S. labor and employment laws and Vanguard policies. Identifies nuances in addressing crew-related issues and oversees process improvements while maintaining compliance with local regulations.
5. Takes ownership of legally complex, sensitive, and/or critical cases and partners with Head of Crew Relations to reach resolution while mitigating risk. Conducts exit interviews for senior level crew departures where needed.
6. Partners with the Head of Crew Relations to educate and guide HR leaders and crew on internal activity and external employee relations and employment law compliance requirements and related process controls.
7. Identifies and highlights benefit programs provided by HR with the highest impact to crew due to utilization and/or perceived value. Advances the ‘one HR’ offer.
8. Collaborates with Crew Relations Project Managers to assess, monitor, and manage trends for the internal business partner and/or corporate businesses, Crew Relations related controls processes, reorganizations and other related activities.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.