- Lead investigations of employee related complaints through a consistent application of internal investigation best practices and resolve through that promote a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Manages day to day employee & labor relations matters, attends labor management meetings, coordinates responses to union grievances and follows up on general information requests.
- Advise management on matters related to the administration of employee discipline (corrective action) and union grievance procedures.
- Accountable for case management, progress reporting, accurate documentation and tracking of all internal investigations.
- Coach, guide and train managers on the proper facilitation of disciplinary proceedings, policy violations and corrective actions.
- Work with internal/external legal counsel on the preparation of labor arbitrations, witness preparations and support the Senior Director People Practices by attending hearings as necessary.
- Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are consistently administered and advocate that legal requirements are met to minimize exposure to liability utilizing a high level of sound judgement and risk recognition skill sets.
- Conduct analysis of investigation case data to recognize and report monthly, quarterly and year end trends utilizing a case management system.
- Protect highly confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate level of discretion.
- Respond to employee relations matters with a sense of urgency and ensure that they are resolved promptly.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant hands-on Employee Relations, Labor Relations (CBA) and conflict resolution experience in the sports, entertainment and/or hospitality operation industry required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be analytical, have excellent interpersonal/persuasion skills, verbal & written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple investigations, cases and projects.
- Problem solving, diplomacy and solid judgement in considering the impact of decisions is essential.
- Demonstrated objectivity, sensitivity, and a balanced perspective regarding employee concerns and organizational needs is essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related federal and state laws, regulations, policies, principles including but not limited to NLRB, Title VII, EEO, FMLA, ADA, Unemployment & Worker’s Compensation concepts.
- Confident, progressive and professional interface with representatives of labor/union affiliates.
- Thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking, deadline driven environment that advocates and supports a change management philosophy.
- Proficient in technology and the use of case management systems such as SharePoint.
- Customer experience focus and mindset; ability to understand business challenges and to create solutions that positively impact the way people perform.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights (event evenings & overnight operation shifts) and holidays required.
- Travel may be required - 25% within NYC.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.