We are seeking a full time Manager of Employee Health.
- Directs the operation of Employee Health services, including fitness-for-duty, injury prevention and rehabilitation initiatives, and health promotion activities.
- Responsible for the centralization of specific operational functions, and collaborates with the medical advisor to standardize protocols and practices.
- Leads and coordinates key strategic development and functional services to support department objectives and organizational goals. Has 24-hour accountability for EH function.
- Maintains clinical nursing expertise and professional competency through the planning, assessment and implementation of nursing procedures that support the health, safety and well-being of employees.
- Manages professional and clerical staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations and staff development.
- Maintains effective and responsive relations with employees, director, attending medical staff and other departments.
- Workers' Compensation & Benefit Programs: Directs the EH staff in the employee injury management and documentation of same. Consults with Human Resource Director and Workers' Compensation Specialist regarding Inova's workers' compensation program.
- Actively participates in the attainment of Inova's strategic plan--goals and objectives.
- Manages departmental finances in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Excellence & Innovation.
- 2 years experience with safety and risk mgt. issues to include JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, VA workers' comp, ADA, FMLA. Direct experience with management/ supervisory/administrative responsibilities.
-BSN required; MSN desired
-RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
-2 years experience with hands on clinical nursing experience required. Occupational and/or emergency nursing experience desirable. Epidemiology/infection control, toxicology, industrial and environmental hygiene. Basic computer knowledge and skills.
-BLS required; COHN-S certified preferred
-Leadership and decision making skills. Able to work independently, possess good clinical judgment and decision-making abilities. Accurate physical assessment skills. Excellent people skills and a customer service orientation. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent organization & communication skills.