- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Board Certification by 12/31/2015 or within two years of hire
- 5 years previous experience as a Level I Trauma Center Emergency Department Professional Nurse
- 3-5 years previous experience as an EMS Coordinator and demonstrated prior teaching experience
- 3 years of documented previous experience in Emergency Preparedness
- 3-5 years management experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret EMS law and develop policy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft office
- Knowledge of disaster preparedness regulatory considerations. Current Illinois Registered Professional Nurse licensure
- ACLS, PALS, IDPH
- TNS or TNCC
- Ability to ascend and descend an ambulance to perform ambulance inspections and complete ride time on various ambulances.
- Ability to assume Call on a regular basis ~ 7 days a week/24 hours.
- Necessary travel throughout metropolitan Chicago and the Springfield areas.
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Manager serves as the EMS System Coordinator as named in the Illinois EMS Act to direct the activities of the Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Emergency Medical Services System (EMSS), which renders pre~hospital emergency services to the northern third of Chicago serving in excess of 3.5 million citizens. This position also participates ( with 2 additional City hospitals) in overseeing the Chicago EMS System paramedic program, which provides initial and continuing education at the Emergency Medical Technician Basic, and Paramedic levels in addition to numerous other educational offerings serving in excess of 5,000 participants annually. The Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Emergency Medical Services System operates as mandated by the EMS Act and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). The position will also participate in regional Disaster Preparedness activities for Region XI as part of the IDPH appointed POD Hospital designated responsibilities. Additionally, hospital disaster preparedness activities are overseen by this position.
- Manages and directs the operational and administrative aspects of the aimmc ems system which provides prehospital emergency care twenty~four (24) hours a day, 365 days each year
- Represents the aimmc emss with governmental agencies and interprets the illinois ems act and its amendments to ensure aimmc compliance
- Demonstrates a commitment to the pursuit of education, monitors quality improvement and research activities of the department and collects ems field data.
- Serves as the pod coordinator and attends multiple regional ands statewide meetings to represent the prehospital environment. Implements and oversees the responsibilities of the idph designated ems region xI pod hospital, which encompasses the city of chicago. This responsibility includes functioning as the disaster preparedness coordinator for ems region xi, designated by idph to lead the region in the development, implementation and preservation of its disaster preparedness plan
- Manages hospital wide onsite disaster preparedness activities, participates in aimmc committees and initiatives in relation to current kra goals
- Assists in the administration of the city of chicago paramedic program in collaboration with university of chicago, northwestern and the city colleges of chicago.
Job ID: 89662