Requisition ID : 1229
About UsTEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Automobile, Hot Rod, Surfer, Transworld and GrindTV. With more than 60 publications, 100 Web sites, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, 800 branded products, 50+ events, TV and radio programs, TEN creates and delivers content that informs, entertains, inspires and connects with enthusiasts every day.
The Manager, Email Marketing (full-time, salaried, regular) will work in the Consumer Marketing Group and be responsible for the acquisition of subscriptions to all TEN products. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Devise strategy, planning developing and implementing specific email marketing projects, focusing on acquisition.
- Execute A/B and multivariate test strategies to increase engagement across retention marketing channels, including messaging, offers and templates.
- Develop, implement and manage new and existing email communication programs.
- Manage the relationship with the email deployment agency and serve as Company’s expert in their use.
- Monitor latest trends in email marketing and integrate them into Company’s marketing plans where appropriate.
- Develop reports to analyze results and recommend changes to improve overall P&L.
- Spearhead email append process.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or related field required.
- 3+ years experience in direct to consumer e-marketing.
- Experience working in the e-commerce, direct response and/or online marketing industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic HTML coding required, including ability to troubleshoot HTML rendering issues.
- Proficiency in Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of direct marketing principles with a strong analytic background.
- Working knowledge running A/B tests, monitoring email sends, bounce rates, reputation management, and conversion lifts.
- Strong understanding of email best practices, Email Service Provider (ESP) best practices and mobile requirements.
- Working knowledge of CAN-SPAM laws.
- Working knowledge of database platforms and strong command of segmentation.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite or equivalent, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view a computer screen
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Suite
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.