The Manager, Email & CRM Marketing will be responsible for supporting all retention programs and owning all email & messaging marketing planning, development, approval and deployment processes for our Direct-To-Consumer channels. This role will maintain and expand upon our existing email & messaging marketing strategy with a focus on increased segmentation, personalization, relevancy and qualified email database acquisition. In addition, this role will act as the lynchpin between internal and external e-commerce, marketing and analytics stakeholders. They will be a key contributor to driving online, outlet, and full price retail sales via email, retention and increasing customer lifetime value.
As Colehaan.com continues its aggressive online growth, we are looking for an analytically driven, creative and enthusiastic Email & CRM Marketing Manager, who has the experience and motivation to drive the ecommerce business forward, while working collaboratively across the organization.
This individual will be customer-obsessed and drive a customer-first expansion and execution of existing batch, trigger & lifecycle email and messaging marketing strategies to drive revenue through customer acquisition and repeat purchase of our products. Iterative testing & optimization excites and drives your decision making. You're also a self-driven and curious person, who enjoys problem-solving and prioritizing resources & projects based on impact to business goals and expanding customer loyalty.
CREATIVE & CHANNEL OWNERSHIP
- Seamlessly execute: process workflow, asset delivery, approval, QA, etc. of retention marketing programs with key focus on email (75%), referral (10%) direct mail (10%), SMS + Facebook Messenger (5%)
- Develops calendars & creative schedules, manages team and agency partners to deadlines, works with merchants and site team to optimize landing pages, test campaigns, reports on campaign performance.
- Manages agency partnerships and oversees campaigns from start to end, including ideation, briefing team members, implementation, deployment, A/B testing, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Works alongside the designers to ensure creative is customer-centric, meets brand standards and achieves the business goal.
DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER EMAIL MARKETING
- Manage the email process workflow by:
- Developing and overseeing the email calendar with the E-commerce and Merchandising teams across our North America Online, Outlet and new international businesses
- Ensuring timely completion of creative & technical briefs
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Brand Design teams on content
- Obtaining approvals on email content from Legal, Creative, and business counterparts
- Working with agency to QA email assets across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Partner with the Merchandising and Design teams to plan and launch batch marketing emails.
- Enhance email segmentation and personalization strategy through testing, results, and analysis
- Manage and enhance our Lifecycle & Trigger Email program by refreshing creative, subject lines, and testing as well as adding additional programs to support company goals.
- Conduct multivariate tests of customer segmentation, subject lines, time of send, content, landing pages and channel and activate on learnings to optimize campaign performance, customer value and retention.
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
- Continuously monitors channel performance and ensures that campaigns meet or exceed KPI's, including quality traffic by channel.
- Use web & internal analytic tools to identify marketing, customer and product opportunities
- Provide input on site usability and conversion KPIs.
- Participate in the cross-flow of results and best practices with the broader Marketing and Digital teams in a timely and actionable format.
- Works with the Marketing and Digital teams to identify customer-centric insights and execute customer retention programs across our online and offline businesses.
- Works closely with the Analytics and Digital teams as well as agency partners to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend a course of action for future CRM initiatives
- Identify trends and track competitors (best-in-class e-commerce retailers) in partnership with Senior Manager, Retention to inform digital testing roadmap.
- Reports back on creative results to inform future design iterations.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in online email marketing, industry experience a plus
- Prior experience in working with an email service provider and managing a daily email campaign and reporting on results is required
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics and ROI analysis
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional writing and communication skills