Job Description Summary: Manage staff to create and submit PJM daily electric scheduling in support of retail electric sales and Solar Generation while maximizing gross margins and minimizing risk. Manage and train staff to respond to all Large Commercial pricing requests for electricity, solar electricity and Renewable Energy Credits (REC). Manage team on margin assignment and database entry for accepted Large Commercial contracts. Review, revise and approve non-standard Large Commercial contract language. Support risk management reporting and trading for REC portfolio. Adhere to all WGL Energy risk controls and trading policies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Manage staff response to standard and complex Large Commercial electric, solar & REC RFPs. Develop customized structured price models as necessary. Coordinate Operations communication with Business Development Managers and Directors.
• Develop cost models in support of new retail energy products. Research and analyze risks in new retail markets and products.
• Manage PJM wholesale and retail daily power scheduling process, including bi-lateral blocks, hourly demand, and solar generation scheduling.
• Review, revise and approve non-standard retail contract language.
• Manage Large Commercial margin assignment and database entry processes.
• Coordinate annual Large Commercial load weather normalization update processes.
• Provide customized pricing to crucial Commercial/Government customers and consultants. Engage and strengthen corporate relationships with key customers.
• Develop and support bi-lateral and broker relations in REC market.
• Update REC Position Report & Inventory controls in support of risk management and WGL Energy ROG requirements.
• Comply with the WGES Risk Management Policy, Risk Control Procedures Manual and Supplier Credit Policy.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required in a quantitative discipline. MBA or CFA a plus
• A minimum seven years of experience in Operations role at a retail energy marketing company required, to include at least five years experience in retail electric pricing in PJM, NYISO or NE-ISO regions.
• A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• Ability to supervise up to 5 staff members
• Advanced knowledge of regional energy markets, electricity, solar or RECs
• Knowledge of financial markets theory and derivatives
• Extensive experience in the applied use of Excel/VBA and other computer-based modeling skills
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently. Strong process-orientation skills with outstanding organizational skills and the utmost attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to execute complex tasks simultaneously while making appropriate business decisions in a dynamic and pressured environment.
Auto req ID 1306BR