Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
The Manager of Connect Car will be responsible for designing, planning, mentoring and managing resources attributed to Karma Connected Car team and content for vehicle projects. This individual must also be responsible for leading the connectivity technology roadmaps, leading the Connected Car team, foster collaborative cross-functional relationships across the organization in support of the corporate targets and facilitate external resources including contract authorities in support of these projects and processes.
The Manager of Connected Car will be responsible for all targets associated with technical content design, development and implementation. This role must also be technology driven to generate new ideas and IP for the organization.
- Responsible to drive technology roadmaps for the Connected Car ecosystem
- Must mentor, develop and grow the expertise of the Connected Car team
- Must develop collaborative and positive relationship cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Design, develop, implement and validate connectivity verticals to generate the optimum solutions for iOT systems and our vehicles.
- Architect software solutions to provide the best in class AI and AR systems in the industry.
- Work collaboratively with the DataLake and other cloud facilitators to optimize our technology and feature offerings.
- Design, develop, implement and validate FOTA and remote diagnostic technologies to further advance our leadership in OTA.
- Develop project plans and effectively communicate timing and critical paths
- Assess needs and take initiative to determine solutions.
- Guide and facilitate corporate objectives.
- Facilitate a team environment.
- Manage the Connected Car team, making them accountable and keeping projects on target.
- Observe and measure group performance to determine if the group is executing according to plan. This includes providing insightful feedback and innovative processes to ensure project success.
- Involve respective departments, engineers and suppliers in key decisions to create greater accountability.
- Work to eliminate impediments to the team's success.
- Work with all departments to ensure that project goals are met and expectations are communicated.
- Coordinate and manage external suppliers and supplier activities related to the projects
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 10 years' experience in engineering, product development or software development
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing technical teams
- Minimum of 5 years of software design and development experience
- Backend server experience
- iOT/OTA experience
- Vehicle connectivity software development experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in product development requirements definition and specification
- Must be highly organized and structured
- Must excel in creating a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with staff and customers at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-driven and self-critical
- Must strive for continuous improvement
- Must strive to innovate in all facets of Connected Car
- Master's degree
- Preferred experience with automotive or software development
- Agile methodologies expertise
- Back-end server architecture and development
- Mobile app development experience
- iOT/OTA architecture design and implementation experience
- Remote diagnostics experience
- FOTA experience
- Artificial Intelligence (neural net, machine learning, DNN) development experience