Candidate for this role will work a hybrid schedule from the Brea, CA facility.
- Selects, leads, directs, evaluates, and develops a team of professional electrical engineers and technical and administrative support staff to ensure that electrical engineering operations are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
- Creates career development programs for the team and develops short-term planning for the growth of the process to ensure that the skills and performance of employees meet the organization’s current and future needs.
- Implements projects to expand, improve or modify production activity. Studies the characteristics of all possible equipment available and suggests acquiring the most appropriate equipment for carrying out the operations, ensuring efficiency and optimal use.
- Allocates project work and oversees contractor performance to ensure quality work.
- Provides leadership and managerial direction for electronic and digital engineering activities to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
- Liaises with engineers, customers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects or products.
- Guides project management, capital planning and project execution to ensure that projects are completed on-time, within Responsibility Statements budget, and as per the set goals.
- Reviews and evaluates work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy and compatibility in the resolution of complex engineering problems.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means. Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Prior experience in Aerospace or with Helicopter Platforms
- Background and involvement in performing risk management.