The position is responsible for planning, leading and managing the day-to-day Safety/Environmental compliance program for the LORD Amherst site. The position is responsible for fostering a Zero Incident Culture ensuring regulatory compliance with all local, state, and federal statutes while maintaining a safe and equitable work environment in accordance with all company policies and procedures. The position is also responsible for leading operational excellence initiatives in a matrix organization, and facilitate direct observations, corrective actions, and documented improvements to achieve significant year over year improvement identified metrics. The incumbent will provide operational and technical leadership and relentless focus on eliminating waste and improving first pass yields within Operations.* Manages, implements, and adapts policies and programs to improve the site’s environmental and safety performance, ensuring it complies with current and future regulations and standards.
* Leads processes and programs that will strengthen process quality, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
* Leads an effective plant safety committee.
* Works with corporate EHS to complete regulatory reporting and compliance.
* Maintains key safety systems including Injury Investigation, LOTO, SDS Database, Hazard Monitoring & Communications, Response Teams, BBS, and Continuous Improvement Project Tracking.
*Analyzes key products and processes to assess improvement needs of the business focusing on quality and waste elimination.
* Plans and leads improvement initiatives in collaboration with plant management and support resources.
* Develops and implements improvement plans that impact key metrics that support business growth and profitability.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Industrial Management related discipline.
* 5 - 8 years’ experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment, to include experience with plant safety programs and leadership of safety performance and improvements.
* Experience with SAP or similar ERP operating system.
* Considerable knowledge of safety, health, and environmental programs in a typical manufacturing environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and exposure to TPS / Lean Manufacturing approach in Operations.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and execute workplace systems and improvements.
* Ability to communicate and lead teams towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and impact results working with and through others.
* Demonstrated proficiency in process analysis, RCCA techniques, and quality improvements.
* Ability to promote high levels of engagement for Lean and TPS systems.
* Working knowledge of DMAIC / Six Sigma processes.
* MBA or Masters level education
* Safety Manager role in past work experience.
* Lead role in Lean transformation of a company or operation.
* Six Sigma Black Belt.