PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Develops educational curricula for laboratory and clinical personnel. Assumes responsibility for training and monitoring staff faculty on proper delivery of curricula. Manages the development of educational tools for clients and field and inhouse staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Technically proficient in the specific department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends including providing clinical product support for both current products and those in development, including participation in the management of multi-center trials.
- Research and update the Vice President of Sales, Executive Director of Sales, Director of Sales and Sales Managers on the current offerings/activity of competitors.
- Assist in providing demonstrations and background information to legal and compliance.
- Participate in the development of client services and offerings including but not limited to educational programs and technology development.
- Direct the development of services to ensure stays up to date with market trends and industry needs.
- Monitor and report on the content of various renal, CMS, and medical technology websites.
- Participate in special projects as requested by the Vice President of Sales, Customer Service and Marketing.
- Utilizes wide-ranging experience to conduct a needs assessment with field and inhouse staff, sales and customers on educational development.
- Responsible for developing educational curricula on laboratory processes including slides and materials appropriate for delivery in workshops and web-based media.
- Monitors and assists with skill development of staff conducting educational programs.
- Develops training material designed to support proven practices for maintaining and ensuring sample quality from the clinic to the laboratory.
- Works with Marketing Communications, Materials Management, and Promotional Materials Review Committee to manage the development of materials form the conception stage to the printing and distribution stage.
- Conducts clinical lectures at national conferences on topics relative to laboratory testing and hemodialysis.
- Ensures that necessary resources and tools are available to clients, including information on best practices, products, troubleshooting and performance quality indicators.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team; attends regional and national meetings as required.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge in individual departments, and strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves some travel (approximately 25%), and a large amount of time working on the computer.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Sales and Clinical Education staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required; degree with a concentration in Nursing, Clinical Laboratory Science, Clinical Nutrition or Social Work preferred; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Experience in educational theories a plus.
- Strong writing and speaking experience and skills are required.
- Microsoft PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience in organizing and presenting educational programs for clinicians.
- Experience and working knowledge of laboratory and hemodialysis procedures.
- Ability to prepare and present material on best practices.
- Ability to communicate with other departments regarding plans for new programs.
- Ability to coordinate the development and approval process of educational items, working with multiple functional areas.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and organizational skills is a must.
- Ability to function independently at a high level, in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback is a must.