About the role
Are you interested in the future of Infrastructure innovation (from edge to cloud) on Arm? Are you looking for a role that's technical, developer facing, involves a high degree of internal collaboration and influence where the impact of your efforts can be seen at global scale? Then read on.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an Ecosystem Developer Evangelist to take a central role in defining and driving Arm's efforts to support our thriving Infrastructure developer and partner ecosystem. This role covers both the software (Kubernetes, Docker, Red Hat Linux, etc.) and hardware (Arm Neoverse) components of the Arm Infrastructure ecosystem.
This role is primarily centered in software ecosystem, with an eye towards the technology under the hood (Arm microprocessors and hardware built by our partners).
What will I be Accountable for?
Working as an ecosystem evangelist within the small but growing Innovator Ecosystem team, you will be responsible for driving developer outreach activities around Arm's Infrastructure and Neoverse products (including software, hardware, tools etc.)
In broad terms, the role is responsible for:
- Driving the Infrastructure ecosystem outreach efforts as well as supporting our "Edge to Cloud" story with developers
- Understanding and driving the key use cases of Arm's technology in the Infrastructure markets
- Understanding and engaging with key companies, partners, developers in the Infrastructure realm such as Microsoft, Amazon and Google (among others) where applicable
- Recruiting and helping to organize and manage "Infrastructure Innovators," key ecosystem developers who have outsized influence, as part of the Arm Innovator program
- Working closely with the ecosystem engineering team to ensure developer readiness of our SDKs, tools and cloud native software ecosystem partners.
- Working closely with the product and outbound marketing teams to produce developer collateral and marketing materials as needed
- Supporting the Infrastructure and edge to cloud developer community
- Interfacing with our Single-Board Computer and Module partners building innovative developer experiences
As part of achieving the above, it would be valuable to:
- Develop an understanding of the Infrastructure market and technology, sufficient to engage in a credible manner with the developer and partner community
- Produce and deliver technical presentations to strengthen Arm's credibility and leadership within the Infrastructure developer community
- Interface with relevant internal Lines of Business to facilitate collaboration
- Understand key competitors and their developer offerings
- Facilitate the delivery of developer documentation, guides, trainings webinars where needed
As part of the above, it is assumed you will be technical, at ease with public speaking and ready to get hands-on with our products and those of our partners and customers. The Arm Infrastructure ecosystem is large and complex so we are relatively open minded about the combination of skills and experience the person in this role will bring to the table.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to interface with software developers building SDKs, APIs and tools and speak their language
- Familiarity or experience or interest in key programming languages or frameworks(Java/ GO / Node / Python)
- Experience or interest in embedded/IOT/Infrastructure business segments
- Experience or interest in Infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes, Cluster Computing, Servers, Cloud (AWS / AZURE), FPGA, Embedded Computing
- Strong interpersonal skills, can communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Awareness of different cultures and willing to travel internationally (candidate specific but expected to be above the 15% range)
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated and adept at planning, prioritization and organization
- Open, collaborative and trustworthy with a willingness to share information and insights