Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products. We are in all 50 states, which is one reason why we’re one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
The Manager, eCommerce Strategy will work closely with the Senior Manager, eCommerce Strategy to develop solutions and enhancements that will improve our customers’ experiences. This role will leverage the voice of the customer as well as comparative and competitive research to develop satisfying digital experiences for our customers. This role will be required to continuously apply new learnings so we maintain our competitive advantage by deploying new insights/tools/practices as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leverage data across our spectrum of sources, both qualitative and quantitative, to translate customer needs into digital opportunities; validate with voice of customer findings
- Provide action-oriented recommendations, leveraging eCommerce industry research, best practices, trends and competitive intelligence
- Identify desirable customer segments and develop optimum customer experiences working with the Digital Merchandising, Digital Marketing and Digital Creative teams in support of overall department and corporate revenue targets
- Define user- and business-level KPIs and metrics to track KPI performance to lead strategic decision making.
- Leverage VOC data to ensure we keep customers first as we constantly rank and score our platform roadmap
- Provide UX hypotheses to the Personalization & A/B/n, MVT team for test-and-learn projects
- Contribute to our evolving digital commerce practice, bringing thoughts to improve team operations, the way we think about digital and transition to a view of that journey as a product in itself, and push us into newer areas/domains of discussion around growth and conversion opportunities
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve and constantly evolve the customer experience based on best practices
- Provides oversight, coaching and guidance to junior-level staff
- Comfortable defining and refining in ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and leaders across levels, functions and cultures, positively influencing the advancement of eCommerce
- Imaginative, curious, creative and out-of-the-box critical thinker - demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving that leverages and challenges current thinking
- Ability to see the bigger picture while developing a tangible action plan
- Ability to drive action through the activity of others in order to reach stated objectives; demonstrated teamwork and facilitation skills
- Strong systemic thinking and problem solving skills. Must be able to translate data into clear insights and recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or a Related field
- 5+ years experience in relevant domains (e.g. digital commerce/eCommerce, digital merchandising, digital retail, online marketplaces)
- 2+ years managing people - both individual contributors and teams / projects
- Analyze data and translate findings into meaningful consumer insights, integrating relevant business knowledge as well as learning from other projects/sources
- Familiarity with various qualitative/quantitative user research methods and test-and-learn processes, software, and best practices
- Strong flowcharting/diagramming skills (draw.io, Visio, lucidchart) and mastery of online project management tools (asana, trello, zoho, inMotion, etc)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Access and Excel) required and G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites)
- Advanced experience in Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to understand e-commerce business models including trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products
- Experience on current e-commerce industry best practices with ability to consult on cross-functional projects to ensure e-commerce principles are incorporated