As a member of the IT Management Team, you are responsible for managing, developing, and leading a team of employees. Your role includes leading the specific functional responsibilities of your team, which involves overseeing team performance and deliverables. However, your role as a leader within our organization requires more than the management of resources and day-to-day operations. As a steward of the company, you are charged with the development and execution of your team’s strategic vision and plan and ensuring that your team’s actions align with the larger goals of the company and the IT Division.
The eCommerce Development Manager will lead a team of software developers to support the existing functionalities and enhance the capabilities of Costco's business-to-consumer and business-to-business websites to help the business realize their goals of reaching $20B in sales.
As the primary conduit between your employees and upper leadership, your role in communicating and modeling the values and guiding principles of our company culture is of vital importance. All members of IT Management should strive to consciously and consistently foster a culture of engagement, trust, and “open door” communication.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- INTEGRITY: When achieving benchmarks and goals, use methods/strategies that are consistent with the Code of Ethics and the Standard of Ethics for Managers and Supervisors. Always leads by example. Appropriately handles employee concerns and follows through to resolution.
- MEMBER SERVICE: Provides and ensures staff provides an exceptional member experience.
- ADMINISTRATION: Ensures proper department coverage (writing schedule and break aids if needed). Understands department budget, able to research and explain budget variances.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Coaches and mentors employees to provide support and guidance. Has regular open and honest conversations with employees to discuss work performance and career development. Identifies learning opportunities to strengthen employee knowledge, skill and ability.
- COMMUNICATION: Regularly shares information with employees via meetings and one-on-one conversations. Successfully navigates difficult conversations with employees, members, and suppliers. Listens, expresses empathy and adapts to get points across. Addresses issues immediately to ensure a timely resolution and to avoid escalating the situation. Consistently demonstrates business knowledge during interactions with senior management.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT: Demonstrates sound judgement, taking a partner when necessary. Ability to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation or in intense, hectic situations.
- INCLUSION: Encourages different approaches and ideas to work and to accomplish goals. Seeks employee input. Takes the time to get to know or reach out to candidates who show potential that may not come forward on their own.
- COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY: Takes measures to ensure employee and member information is kept confidential and adheres to IS security policy.
- Provides leadership to the team and facilitates resolution of production system outages.
- Ensures non-production systems are up and running and available for projects.
- Manages the team work assignments and ensures completion.
- This is a full-time management/leadership position (45+ hours per week).
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience managing a medium to large development team.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Experience working within a formal software development lifecycle including Agile.
- Innovative, creative and possesses a passion for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all management levels.
- Detail oriented and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with experience building strategic and tactical plans.
- Ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation.
- Must be available 24x7x365 to provide support.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience managing an eCommerce team would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Websphere Commerce systems a plus.
- Experience with Java development stack in a distributed application development environment preferred.