The eCommerce Agile Services Manager is a highly visible customer facing role. The team members will have a variety of roles/skill-set, although primarily they will be Scrum Masters. This manager will build strong relationships with IT and business stakeholders to deliver new product features and drive traffic growth and conversion across Costco domains (.com, .ca, business delivery, mobile), a $9B+ operation. In addition, this person will be integral in the creation and execution of strategic plans to help the business realize its significant growth goals. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical aptitude in eCommerce with a demonstrated ability to lead teams that operate in an ever changing, fast-paced environment while delivering against aggressive deadlines.
As the primary conduit between your employees and upper leadership, your role in communicating and modeling the values and guiding principles of our company culture is of vital importance. All members of IT Management should strive to consciously and consistently foster a culture of engagement, trust, and “open door” communication.
- INTEGRITY: When achieving benchmarks and goals, use methods/strategies that are consistent with the Code of Ethics and the Standard of Ethics for Managers and Supervisors. Always leads by example. Appropriately handles employee concerns and follows through to resolution.
- MEMBER SERVICE: Provides and ensures staff provides an exceptional member experience.
- ADMINISTRATION: Ensures proper department coverage (writing schedule and break aids if needed). Understands department budget, able to research and explain budget variances.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Coaches and mentors employees to provide support and guidance. Has regular open and honest conversations with employees to discuss work performance and career development. Identifies learning opportunities to strengthen employee knowledge, skill and ability.
- COMMUNICATION: Regularly shares information with employees via meetings and one-on-one conversations. Successfully navigates difficult conversations with employees, members, and suppliers. Listens, expresses empathy and adapts to get points across. Addresses issues immediately to ensure a timely resolution and to avoid escalating the situation. Consistently demonstrates business knowledge during interactions with senior management.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT: Demonstrates sound judgement, taking a partner when necessary. Ability to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation or in intense, hectic situations.
- INCLUSION: Encourages different approaches and ideas to work and to accomplish goals. Seeks employee input. Takes the time to get to know or reach out to candidates who show potential that may not come forward on their own.
- COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY: Takes measures to ensure employee and member information is kept confidential and adheres to IS security policy.
- This is a full-time management/leadership position (45+ hours per week).
- 5+ years’ technical management experience or technical leadership equivalent.
- Computer Science, Business, or related degree and/or professional certification(s) or equivalent experience.
- Must be detail oriented and thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and understand the key trends and goals that drive Costco’s eCommerce business.
- Leading a team that is able to balance a strategic approach to Costco’s eCommerce needs with IT initiatives through prioritization and resource allocation.
- Proven ability to make sound decisions in an environment with frequent change.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Innovative, creative and possesses a passion for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all management levels.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with experience building strategic and tactical plans.
- Knowledge of Scrum and SAFe framework or/and certification.
- Knowledge of Websphere Commerce or similar e-Commerce.
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts and components.