City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Oversee and manage the day-to-day operation of the City of Hope’s networks (LAN and WAN) and telecommunications infrastructure. This role analyzes and establishes priorities to design, develop and/or modify the company’s data and voice infrastructure. Is responsible for maintenance, issue resolution, monitoring and reporting, event management and recovery, reliability, stability and availability.
Manage and supervise the day to day network and telecom operations
- Monitor the helpdesk network and telecom queues. Handle daily tasks relating to on-going projects and planning for new projects.
Provide technical direction guidance to the network and telecom team
- Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner and provide technical direction.
Coordinate and manage network and voice technology initiatives
- Develop solution designs for new infrastructure implementations. Determine the most cost effective solution. Put together the bill of materials. Coordinate installation and project successful completion.
Attend and participate in meetings and committees
- Participate in change management, event management and infrastructure management meetings.
Recruit, select, train and develop staff
- Select and recruit new team members. Evaluate and coach existing team members. Conduct one-on-one meetings with team members to coordinate tasks. Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure members are on the same page.
Operating Budget and Capital Budget request
- Plan for new network and telecom projects by identifying the COH needs. Request and justify new capital requests. Ensure that all critical voice and data equipment is covered under maintenance contracts. Plan for and request budget for team training.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in telecommunications management, Computer Science or equivalent degrees.
- Five years in a large LAN/WAN environment.
- Configuration and troubleshooting experience with Cisco (routers, switches) and Avaya (PBX, VOIP) products. CSU/DSU Experience. PaloAlto Firewalls
- Cisco Certified Network Profession Certification
Preferred Certifications / Licensure:Experience:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- Thorough understanding of Cisco IOS, Avaya PBX/VOIP.
- Frame Relay and ISDN Network Configuration and installation on routers. Complete understanding of corporate IP networks.
- Cisco Works 2000