- Provide Leadership to Network Engineering and Network Design teams.
- Lead the teams to review products purchased by the customer and design a custom network for each customer.
- Lead and Manage the Network Engineering and Design teams to ensure appropriate network services are provided on a timely basis for customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with cross functional groups like Project Management, Sales, Operations and be able to communicate technical solutions/problems to non-technical teams.
- Ability to represent Nihon Kohden and present NK’s solutions to others during conversations with customers, partners and internal staff.
- Must be able to address multiple, simultaneous requests in a calm manner and be able to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- In collaboration with Sr. Director, Network Engineering, create a roadmap for Network Engineering and Design to help meet customers’ needs today and in the future.
- Develop roadmaps/plans to help the organization achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing the selection and development of people, resources, and budgets necessary to perform the functions of the department.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director, Network Engineering, create, edit and implement company policies pertaining to the department.
- Assign duties and work direction to department personnel.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance and failure analysis.
- Monitor work procedures, work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Monitor service calls to observe employee's demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies.
- Manages after hours support line, staffing and operation, ensures calls are properly documented and followed up during normal working hours.
- Train appropriate personnel on NKA’s procedures for Network Engineering and Design.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Expert and/or professional level network certifications required. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Overall general networking, systems, hardware and software implementation and support background
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 7+ years of experience as a manager and 10+ years of experience in systems & network design, installation and support preferred, in addition to project management experience. PMI a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Laser focus on customer service
- Ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams.