Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 163 days ago
The Network Operations Manager will oversee all BioTelemetry network and data center operations spanning multiple sites and data centers in a 24/7 environment. The Manager will be responsible for a Network Operations Team working out of geographically disperse locations and ensure consistent, reliable, high-performing and available systems. The Manager will plan and monitor all network and data center activities to ensure coverage, uptime, and quality. The Manager will serve as the team lead for projects involving the deployment, installation, administration, and maintenance of all infrastructuretechnologies. The Manager will report to and receive guidance from the Director of IT Infrastructure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing, and communications
· Network and data center monitoring to ensure performance and uptime
· Oversee network repair and after hours and maintenance activities
· Schedule and direct activities to resolve network and system issues
· Ensure SLAs are met for system uptime and within the ticketing system
· Ongoing ticket review to ensure quality and proper procedures are followed
· Continual improvement on existing processes and procedures
· Proactive communication of network and system health, issues, and down-time
· Develop and maintain processes for providing on-call support
· Ensure change management procedures are followed
· Technology evaluation and recommendation
· Create and maintain network documentation
· Test and maintain disaster recovery procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· College degree of equivalent experience
· 10 years of experience in an enterprise network environment
· Strong leadership skills
· Teamwork, results oriented, and self-motivated
· Strong decision-making skills
· Network design and configuration
· VMware virtual infrastructure
· EMC storage
· Active Directory
· Cisco networking
· Windows Server Operating Systems
· Microsoft Failover Clustering
· Microsoft Azure
· Microsoft Office 365
· Load balancers
· VoIP/Hosted PBX
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Strong customer service and organization, ability to multi-task, detail oriented, team player, demonstrates initiative and flexibility in a fast paced environment.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move computer related equipment (Monitors, Computers, Printers, Misc Hardware).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5 - 10% may be needed.