This position is part of the Cartus IT Network Group. The candidate will be responsible for managing the Network Group, implementing change management and ongoing maintenance of parts of the networking infrastructure for the WAN, DMZ and Internet Edge of the Cartus global, geographically diverse network and site presence. An in-depth understanding of high availability, disaster recovery, multi-site architecture, data center design, virtualization, network and network security, bandwidth design, firewalls, load-balance and traffic management technology is a must. The individual should be able to define strategy, system requirements and architecture by working with server, storage, network, database, application architecture and other teams as applicable. The role requires the ability to provide strategic and architectural guidelines to leadership as it relates to general networking and network security.
- Technical – The candidate must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of IP networking including routing, switching and addressing concepts. They must have operational and deployment experience of firewalls and have been exposed to VPNs on those platforms. Preference for candidates who have solid experience with current Checkpoint firewalls and IPS platforms. Pluses include any experience in the following areas: Performance Monitoring, WAN optimization, DMZ deployment environments, Linux and network switching.
- Critical Thinking – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be able to solve problems independently, make well thought-out recommendations.
- Security Standards – Must be a proponent of a monitored environment, promote adherence to processes and standards encompassing data and infrastructure security. They must be comfortable working within a change management system and demonstrate a proactive approach to life cycle management.
- Communications Skills – Must be effective with oral and written communication and be able to present complex technical concepts in an informative way to non-technical staff. They must be prepared to produce business presentable documentation for all change and project related work as required.
- Project Management – Must be organized, self-sufficient and have the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must have the ability to co-ordinate with other teams to ensure that project workflow is effectively communicated.
- Leadership and Team Management – Taking lead in managing the network team, setting goals, building capabilities, coaching and providing feedback, driving change and innovation.
- The candidate will manage the Network Group including providing team members with career development guidance, assignment and prioritization of workload, performance reviews, personal and professional development coaching and all other aspect of personnel management.
- Responsible for periodically organizing and driving the evaluation of the architecture and the plan for future enhancements of the network environment.
- Responsible for taking a lead role in overseeing active projects including but not limited to developing plans and schedules, interfacing with vendors, training personnel, the acquisition of hardware/software and team management.
- Creates best practice technical architecture models utilizing knowledge of industry and technical trends.
- Identifies and evaluates technical architecture to ensure solutions satisfy business requirements and performance goals.
- Administer complex FW and IPS rule bases under change management.
- Create/drive documentation - diagrams, policies and procedures for newly deployed systems and review on yearly basis.
- Product lifecycle support for the platforms owned by the group including active monitoring for new patches, releases and hotfixes. Work with vendors as required.
- Own and deliver large scale projects across multiple geographic regions.
- Work closely with the various regional operations teams to ensure that the networking environment is actively monitored and any issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation and be available for out of office hours support when needed.
- Work with approved vendors when ordering equipment, services or renewing maintenance.
- Work with vendor support teams to resolve technical issues as required. Responsible for global support in geographically diverse corporation.
- Audit and review all system logs for issues and remedy or escalate as needed.
- Lead role in Disaster Recovery activities owned by the group.
- 10+ years overall experience including:
- Experience working with technical trends to assess the future direction of technology.
- Ability to design large multi-site network infrastructure for global organizations.
- 4+ years in Designer/Architect/Team Management role is preferred.
- 6+ years in lead technical and/or architectural roles.
- Solid IP and routing/switching networking knowledge is critical.
- Extensive experience with firewall deployments, maintenance and configuration changes.
- In-depth understanding of site-to-site based VPN deployments and issue diagnostics.
- Advanced knowledge of high-availability designs for firewall, IPS, VPN and cloud networking.
- Advanced knowledge of performance monitoring platforms and capacity planning concepts.
- Very good knowledge of cloud networking and infrastructure concepts, Azure and Amazon Web Services is highly preferred.
- Critical thinking capability and ability to work on your own and within diverse teams.
- Advanced working knowledge of enterprise networking including techniques, approaches, processes, and security.
- Advanced knowledge of the use cases and application of the below platforms is a significant plus: Riverbed WAN Optimization and F5 BIG Traffic Management.
- Very strong understanding and preferably experience in designing, deploying and operating global WiFi solutions.
- Understanding of project management methodologies along with excellent project scoping, tracking and completion skills are essential.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with IT department personnel, vendors, consultants, and internal customers.
- Proven experience utilizing critical thinking skills and analyzing information accurately to make sound decisions.
- Solid understanding of monitoring, roadmap development and capacity planning techniques and methodologies.
- Strong focus on security with excellent understanding of the modern IT threat landscape and approaches to risk mitigation.
- Effective project management skills including the abilities to pay attention to detail, retain poise under pressure and focus on meeting deadlines through a combination of interpersonal flexibility, thoroughness, delegation and self-motivation.
- An ability to design, architect and upgrade large complex infrastructures, as well as leverage both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is critical.