Are you ready to own engineering, implementation, capacity growth, and operations escalation of AWS’ US Public Sector cloud IP networks? The Network Development Manager is responsible for a team of highly qualified network engineers who assess, engineer, build, scale, and operate our purpose built innovative networks. He/she is expected to enhance network capabilities and high level of availability AWS is well known for. He/she will lead network engineering, deployment, capacity scaling, standardization, optimization, technology refresh, and custom solutions efforts; while ensuring any escalated operations events on our network are mitigated with speed and precision. He/she will proactively drive the stability and evolution of the network environment. He/she will hire, develop, and grow a great team, set priorities, and deliver sustained network capacity and availability improvements. This leader will improve our network capacity and health by developing and delivering key operational metrics that point us to critical risks and problems, and drive rapid closure. He/she will relentlessly enhance our metrics and processes to continuously improve availability and performance. Our leaders are technical - have been there, done that - and understand their environment to accurately represent highly technical issues and matters; as well as exercise sound judgment during high severity events.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are passionate about continually improving our internal and external customers’ experience. So come join us and become an integral part of the technology company that is a global trail blazer in Cloud services.
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
· Minimum of 9+ years experience in networking technology roles and 3+ years in a team management role
· In-depth current IP networking technologies knowledge - BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, TCP, SLB, etc.
· Experience leading engineering, delivery, capacity management, operations, and/or enhancement of industry leading IP network solutions
· Experience driving and presenting root cause analysis and error correction from operational events to senior management
· Experience representing your team/technical area to customers, peers, and senior leadership
· Self driven, detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself
· Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong project management skills
· Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision, and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
· Strong desire to innovate, ability to multitask, sense of ownership, and urgency.
· Physical and Other requirements:
· Must be able to work in a 24x7 managers on call rotation environment, with ability to drive into workplace for critical events if necessary.
· Travel to data center/network sites and Amazon/customer offices as needed.
· Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
· 8+ years in a technology role and 5+ years in a management role
· Past experience with network engineering, deployment, scaling, and/or operations, either as a manager or individual contributor
· Past experience running teams of 6+ individual contributors
· Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within an operational network environment
· Experience in Agile management methodologies
· Proficiency in Unix systems
Job ID: 609459