The health care system needs to evolve even further than it has and it has to do so at a lightning fast pace. New models of care and networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. And at UnitedHealth Group, we are playing a lead role. You will discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This Network Contract Manager role is responsible for the direct management of specific large accounts in Virginia; representing UHG and establishing strong relationships. The successful candidate will have experience with large complex medical groups and experience with developing and implementing strategies that are in-line with company goals and MBOs. Must be able to maintain and develop strong relationships with key groups be able to manage and execute on strategy. Experience with capitation is desired.
The position is office based in Virginia.
This role is all about challenge and relationships. You'll partner with CEO's from various lines of business as we work on building effective relationships with large medical groups.
- 7+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 3+ years experience with provider contracting including development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- At least an Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
Experience working with large healthcare systems in the State of Virginia
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Strong customer service skills
Undergraduate or higher level degree
Creating and fine-tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us find out how you can start doing your life's best work.SM