As a key leader of the strategic function within CGSO, provide detailed assessment and understanding of the current and future external market environment, develop insights and identify opportunities to actualize our organizational mission/vision and activate the strategy both short term and long term. Support a focus on insight-driven decisions, innovation, customer centric experience and local/national collaborations. Work collaboratively to build coalition and support as well as drive action with both internal and external partners. Represent CGSO on Enterprise projects. Align innovation focus to deliver relevant and strategical business solutions. Develop and refine strategic plans and initiatives to positively impact the management of today's business while setting Operations up for future success.Leadership
- Drive change. Clear the path for the team by removing hurdles and building relationships with key stakeholders. Motivate others to consider several alternative solutions rather than sticking to ways of the past.
- Integrate team members and align their efforts to deliver a stronger and consistent outcome for CGSO.
- Coach and manage 3-8 direct reports.
- Work directly with staff and senior leadership across the company to proactively identify and prioritize long term strategic needs. Drive the strategic development process to address these needs, and integrate and align work to the company's overall strategic goals.
- Leverage customer and consumer insights to develop holistic long term strategies, programs and plans to effectively drive innovation and business outcomes and maximize ROI in varied areas.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Principle Strategic Advisor for the ongoing evolution of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Develop quantitative goals both long term and short term to ensure strategic alignment and determine success.
- Build internal partner's and/or vendor's confidence in understanding the value proposition and business case alignment to our business strategy; drive decision making and collaborate with the business areas to implement.
- Collaborate and execute critical activities such as strategic alignment and integration into Enterprise strategy and planning.
- Represent CGSO on Enterprise Projects.
- Consolidate research, authorship of key findings, and communication of timely, periodic strategic intelligence reports to senior management and Blue Cross NC Board.
- Design and develop the innovation program for Blue Cross NC – its offerings, innovation events, delivery methods, and definition of the success points of the program. Act as a "Champion of Innovation" and work across the organization to drive a culture of innovation in all that we do.
- Identify, analyze and monitor relevant industry, regulatory, technology and market based trends to determine market entry or exit as appropriate and to ensure alignment to the company's strategic positions and interests.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years of experience in strategic development, strategic planning, business development, market/product development and/or general corporate affairs.
- OR Master's degree and 6 years of as stated above.
- OR Internal candidates with at least 10 years of broad based health insurance/healthcare experience and 2 years direct, prior experience in applicable strategy area (i.e. innovation, customer experience, strategic planning) will also be considered
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role, either as a direct people leader or leading work teams.
- Must have direct experience contributing to the analysis of a company's needs and development of business strategies as well as serving as a liaison to senior business executives, internal and external, and other outside advisors.
- Demonstrated experience identifying new opportunities, creating products/programs/solutions and driving change.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in health insurance or health care industry with multi-faceted knowledge of healthcare delivery systems is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of BCBSNC business, systems, and organization (may be specific to finance, health care, network, Sales and marketing, IS, and/or operations based on determined need of team) is preferred.
- Versatile learner with the ability to embrace change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while handling difficult and complex issues.
- Excellent consultative skills, with exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage extensive amounts of complex information, connect and interrelate disparate ideas and thoughts, pay attention to detail, and work effectively with varying constituencies.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to understand technical / expert jargon and business needs and help bridge communication gaps.