Argonne National Laboratory is currently seeking a Manager of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to join the organization. This role functions as a key member of the Argonne National Laboratory`s Leadership Institute (LI) team and is responsible for managing the strategy, development, implementation, and evaluation of sustainable practices and processes that embed diversity and inclusion commitments into Argonne’s culture and creating the workplace climate and capabilities that enable our readiness to advance Argonne’s excellence in research and operations.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and consultative advice and/or training to employees and supervisors on discrimination, harassment and aspects of equal employment opportunity, and assist with the implementation of the affirmative action plan.
- Responsible for effective execution of short and long-term strategies and services to effectively build the leadership organizational capability.
- Serves as the key liaison to the Director, Argonne Leadership Institute by collaborating with Directorate management teams on the development and integration of organizational strategies, policies and practices as they relate to all.
- Establish trusted partnerships with diversity and inclusion councils, working groups, committees to ensure initiatives, resources and tools are effectively used to meet goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Human Resource Managers, Legal, and Communications Team on issues regarding Diversity & Inclusion.
- Develop partnerships throughout the Laboratory organization to drive diversity and inclusion culture change.
- Lead efforts to develop, implement, and execute an annual D&I plan that achieves outcomes and results.
- Collaborate with external consultants in developing educational curriculum, strategies, tools, and employee engagement surveys to ensure effectiveness and alignment to the overall D&I framework.
- Develop and maintain metrics and scorecard to measure and track the success of those initiatives and programs; crafts summary reports and develop recommendations to inform the strategy for the Laboratory.
- Strategically focused leadership that includes an executive presence and interpersonal skills to effectively influence and work with employees and all levels of management at the Laboratory
- Excellent project management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong experience working effectively within a matrixed environment and building alignment in a cross-functional and team environment.
- Solutions oriented approach with ability to compile, review and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information that is dynamic in content and format.
- Experience using facts and analytics to understand trends and develop solutions that lead to measurable impact on an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with specific experience developing and delivering presentations and curriculum, facilitating groups and communicating with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation and organizational development/effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a remote work environment.
- This position will require the ability to travel overnight occasionally.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree + 10 years of experience, or equivalent.