The District Sales Leader will be responsible for managing a team of Corporate Sales Representatives within the assigned geography. The DSL will also be responsible for the design and implementation of long- term sustainable growth strategies for the sales representatives.
The position will monitor and control all daily sales management objectives and will be the direct point of contact for the appointed sales representatives as related to their specific product mix. The DSL will work closely with other sales leaders to ensure maximization of growth opportunities which may be present from one division to another. This must be done while maintaining strict adherence to corporate compliance training and all related policies.
Among other responsibilities the DSL will work closely in each assigned region to determine the correct number of representatives to enable profitable achievement of growth and company objectives, determine growth targets, and timely removal of representatives that do not meet corporate initiatives. The DSL will consult with Management and Human Resources when dealing with discipline, policy and other HR related issues.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent proven experience
- Four or more years of successful medical device sales experience, two years of sales management experience, preferably in an operating room setting with demonstrated progressive levels of accomplishment
- Knowledge of orthopaedic products is preferred
- Extensive travel required; 70%.
- Leadership abilities with proven track record of talent management activities (recruiting, developing, and retaining talent).
- Must be willing and able to retain technical product knowledge in order to ensure the safe and effective use of all product areas within the sales organization
- Must have intimate knowledge of the sales cycle and an ability to articulate and apply to all product areas
- Must be comfortable, willing and capable to initiate and maintain key surgeon relationship