At APS, you are important to the success and future of our organization. Arizona Public Service is #keepingarizonaon. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. Aps is making a long term impact by investing in grid upgrades and advanced technology to meet Customer's needs.
As the Distribution Operations Support Manager you will be responsible for managing the Distribution Operations support functions to ensure that the distribution operations support department is provided with quality procedures, outage planning, load studies, switching orders and training which is in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements as well as departmental needs. As the Manager, you will serve as the central point for resolution of Distribution Operations technical and programmatic issues as well as serve as liaison for state region support to Distribution Operations in Metro Region.
- Bachelor's Degree in applied science or related field plus six years or more related utility or plant experience OR
- an equivalent combination of education and experience of which at least three (3) years must be in operations OR
- High School/GED plus ten (10) years operations experience, of which at least three (3) years must be distribution operations.
- Prior leadership experience required
- Responsible for the effective management of the Distribution Operations department, Planning and Compliance functions to provide resourceful and impactful resolution of Operations Department technical and programmatic issues.
- Provides the department with consistent, technically adequate and user friendly programs, procedures and guidelines to ensure the energy distribution system is operating successfully, and in compliance all regulatory standards and internal APS procedures.
- Ensures a high level of cooperation and teamwork through effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Provides overall direction, guidance and support to assure adequate industry requirements exist for the effective implementation of the Distribution Operations department training programs.
- Responsible to ensure the effective implementation of the T&DCorrective Action Program within the Distribution Operations organization to improve performance and meet established goals.
- Provides Distribution Operations with support for self-assessments, CAR investigations, and project support, as well as review of T&D/Industry issues and lessons learned for departmental response and action.
- Manages, develops and trains personnel to meet Distribution operations regulatory requirements and the needs of the T&D organization.