This position is primarily responsible for planning, coordinating, controlling, and managing distribution center activities.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
1. Manage all operations functions and all warehouse and customer service personnel including overseeing recruiting, selection, coaching, counseling, performance evaluations, promotions, and terminations. Direct supervisors in supervising, coaching, training, and the evaluation of direct reports.
2. Responsible for all matters related to distribution center safety and security, including evaluating and implementing appropriate safeguards necessary to protect welfare of associates and company.
3. Manage all transportation and delivery programs including routing, courier selection, company driver management, and fleet management, while minimizing expenses and maintaining a high level of customer experience and responsiveness.
4. Evaluate processes and systems, make recommendations for improvements, and manage implementation of approved process and systems changes geared toward improving productivity, reducing expenses, and improving margins.
5. Maintain physical facilities including evaluation and procurement of material handling equipment, fleet vehicles where appropriate, and other building maintenance, upgrades, and repairs.
6. Ensure compliance with all governmental agencies and regulations pertaining to licensure and lawful operation of facility. Agencies include, but are not limited to, DEA, FDA, OSHA, and DOT.
7. Ensure extraordinary customer experience.
8. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong analytical, problem-solving, training, presentation, decision-making, and follow-through skills.
Strong multi-tasking and organization skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, government regulations, and procedures manuals.
Knowledge of government regulations concerning drug distribution and storage preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
SAP knowledge preferred.
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of related job experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Experience in assessing, developing, implementing, and executing warehouse programs.
Standard office equipment.
Occasional use of distribution center equipment such as fork lifts, scanning equipment, and other warehousing tools.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk or stand for up to 8 hours per day. Position may require walking and giving direction most of theworkday. Length of time of these tasks will vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Occasional travel to and from meetings and may include air travel.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with minimal direct supervision.
Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Ability to deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
Frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
Ability to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems, and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written material, and articulate goals and action plans.
Requires working in office and warehouse setting.
Work non-traditional hours as needed.
Dress code is business casual with formal business attire as situations dictate.
Requisition ID 2480