Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 67 days ago
Responsible for the operations of a multi-location Group Disability claims operation. Accountable for the development and execution of overall claim strategy, financial metrics associated with claim management, budget development and expense management. Monitor the team’s overall performance for achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and for attracting, developing and retaining professional claim resources to achieve overall organizational objectives.
To ensure the independence and impartiality of all persons involved in making claim and appeal decisions. Accordingly, Dearborn National’s decisions regarding hiring, compensation, termination, promotion, or other similar matters with respect to any individual are not made based upon the likelihood that the individual will support the denial of a benefit.
* Accountable for the overall operational effectiveness of the Disability claim operation.
* Responsible for the strategy of the claim division and assisting in the creation of the overall claim strategy.
* Provides leadership and direction in the execution of strategies.
* Responsible for achieving operational metrics.
* Executes on the operational strategies of the organization to achieve improved claim management and operating results from a quality and productivity perspective.
* Partners with Sales and Underwriting for retention and acquisition of new business.
* Assess divisional needs for training in skill areas which impact customer service and claim management. Deliver appropriate training and measure results.
* Complies with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
* Maintains complete confidentiality of company related business.
* Maintains effective communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree in business OR 6 years business operations experience
* Minimum 10 years of experience in disability (individual /group), medical or workers compensationclaims environment
* Minimum 5 years of management experience or leadership experience.
* Ability to drive change within the organization.
* Ability to implement short and long-term strategies.
* Breadth and depth of business and Industry knowledge.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
* Ability to make balanced and objective decisions with the highest degree of integrity.
* Proven presentation skills.
* Strong influence, effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills needed.
* Proven analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Key competencies for success in this role: leadership, negotiation skills, innovative/strategic thinking, performance management, and problem-solving skills.
Dearborn National is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: KH-1028197