This manager position is located in Washington, DC, is a member of the Digital and Creative team, and will report to the senior manager, digital strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of a variety of cross-channel digital engagement strategies for Pew programs.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience with strategic planning and developing cross-channel digital campaigns that achieve organizational results. He/she will actively partner with a team of communications, digital and creative strategists to develop effective cross-channel content marketing efforts. The candidate should be experienced developing insights from the effective use of analytics through all phases of planning and campaign delivery.
- Works with a cross-functional team to develop and execute digital strategies for all Pew projects across channels including the PewTrusts.org website, email, and social media.
- Collaborate with internal project management office team to determine which projects require strategic discussion vs. swift implementation.
- Act as a day-to-day digital lead on a variety of digital campaign activities.
- Manages and directs digital strategists.
- Works collaboratively to enhance our approach to developing holistic content strategies for both programmatic and institutional objectives.
- Directly oversees the execution of the Pew Charitable Trusts email programs as well as manages staff members who primarily support this channel.
- Contributes to the planning and development of Pew’s editorial calendar and collaborates with a mix of internal and agency partners to execute ongoing publishing operations.
- Contributes to the advancement of Pew’s approach to editorial and content strategy that effectively engages audiences across digital channels.
- Collaborates with other strategists, creative teams, earned and paid media experts, analytics lead, and program staff to develop compelling digital content plans.
- Responsible for leading the development of a range of digital and content strategies - including the concepting and execution of content packages that align with overall editorial approach.
- Partners with internal teams to advance creative concepts and writes, edits, and refines copy.
- Collaborates with other digital strategists to execute ongoing publishing schedule as well as social media management responsibilities.
- Actively partners with project management team to scope and budget recommended strategies, internal/external level of effort, establish clear and achievable timelines, and identify appropriate resourcing required to deliver approved work.
- Builds relationships with internal clients and develops a deep understanding of program needs, goals, and priorities. Identifies new opportunities for achieving client objectives.
- Collaborates with design and video teams as well as other communications staff on the development of visual assets for digital content.
- Contributes to the development of social media management standards, policies, and rules of engagement for social channels.
- Keeps abreast of the latest digital trends to inform creative approaches as well as to aid internal knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience with progressive responsibility for developing integrated digital strategy and campaign execution.
- Minimum of two years of previous direct supervisory experience required including experience managing performance management process for direct reports and providing career development advice and counsel.
- Digital/creative agency and/or Nonprofit experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop cross-channel digital content strategies that meet client/organizational goals.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to develop and refine creative ideas, build consensus, and influence decisions.
- Experience developing and executing issue-driven digital engagement campaigns designed to inform target audiences as well as recruit and activate grassroots advocates.
- Exceptional skill with written and verbal communications and ability to effectively communicate strategic recommendations.
- Deep working knowledge of the social and digital ecosystem, including working relationships with social platforms and partners.
- Strategic and hands-on understanding of the role that paid media plays in modern, cross-channel content marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience developing content concepts and then turning those concepts into effective, channel-specific copy.
- Experience presenting and articulating integrated digital strategy, including campaign goals, objectives, and how success is measured.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Can turn ideas into clear, actionable plans.
- Experience developing and conducting ongoing content performance tests and implementing optimizations.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and the Facebook and Twitter pixels.
- Experience directing conversation analyses with social media listening/monitoring tools such as Brandwatch (Crimson Hexagon), Nuvio, or Meltwater (Sysomos).
- Experience working with tools like CrowdTangle to identify relevant content trends and performance across social platforms.
- Experience with editorial and social media management tools such as Percolate, Khoros Falcon, Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hootsuite Enterprise, or Social Flow.
- Ability to analyze data from all digital channels, drawing insights from the data to inform future recommendations and strategies.
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts, and vendors.
- Must be willing to occasionally work a flexible schedule to ensure support for Pew’s international campaigns and to provide support during breaking-news situations.
- Experience with email and CRM systems such as Sales Force Marketing Cloud (Exact Target), List Engage, Eloqua, MailChimp, Convio, or Responsys.