The Manager, Digital Strategist is responsible for developing and managing a high performing team of Digital Strategists who create and execute digital marketing strategy across Dealer.com’s suite of digital marketing products and services. The manager is responsible for overall team management including team member growth and development and serves as the point of client escalation. Team management includes driving client retention, and client satisfaction, as well as risk management, contract management, project management, and performance and delivery of products and services under the client. This position interacts with all levels of customers and team members in the Digital Strategist, Support, Development, OEM Services, and Implementation departments, as well as across the larger Media Solutions organization. Requires the ability to brand oneself successfully, develop relationships at all levels of the organization, and take ownership of departmental and cross functional initiatives while working in an environment with possibly limited direction. The candidate must confidently champion and lead their team through change, advocate for the unique needs of the team as well as drive performance within the structure of the departmentThe manager must build a solid organizational structure & open lines of communication among all team members. S/he must manage all aspects of the Digital Strategist (DS) Program business processes on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis while developing new business processes within the team structure. This is a hands-on role, where the DS Manager leads by example acting as a performance management coach to the team. This position requires considerable skills in time management, people management, communication at all levels, and the ability to organize and prioritize a workload. Using advanced efficiency and effectiveness tools the DS Manager will facilitate the establishment of complete measurement systems positioning them to manage and measure impacts to customer and employees. The DS Manager will strive for consistent processes throughout the Digital Strategist Team. Initiative, drive, persistent positive energy, and embracing personal accountability are imperative to success in this role.ResponsibilityClient and portfolio retention: Responsible for the entire teams’retention and product growth within theirportfolio of clients to ensure maximum customer value and satisfaction.This will include:
- Building strong relationships with the clients and responding to client escalations,
- Ensure quality of the digital strategists’ consultation with the client,
- Identification and resolution of weaknesses in existing customer relationship management procedures. This will also include continuously reviewing the existing accounts’ and clients’ portfolios to enable better and more focused day-to-day customer relationship management by the Digital Strategist team
- Provide continuous training and coaching/mentoring to the Digital Strategist team in order to ensure the required level of performance is met and continually maintained as well as ensuring all team members achieve their individual development needs.
- Acts as connector for high visibility cross-departmental issues/projects with other Dealer.com departments
- Ensure that internal and external requests are acted upon by the team in a timely manner to ensure optimum service.
- Work directly with the Client, Digital Strategist teams, and Sales teams to identify and evaluate opportunities, charter initiatives, and build required supporting tools to ensure and track success.
- Coordinate departmental cross-functional efforts within DDC to ensure accurate communication, documentation, and process efficiency in support of the clients.
- Evaluate and maintain productivity measures for the team, to ensure that all team members are performing to their full capacity and in accordance with performance targets.
- Compile and present monthly team results, covering specific information regarding customer gains, losses, opportunities and risks.
- Participates in cross-functional committees and task forces designed to improve the quality of service to existing customers.
- Assists the Directors in preparing and monitoring departmental goals.
- 5 years of related work experience(people manager, digital marketing experience and strong customer service focus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Introductory knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field preferred or equivalent of a minimum of 5 years of related work experience may be considered
- Previous Management Experience
- Previous automotive, media or media sales / support experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel (certification a plus) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing digital marketing plans; including skills in web, SEO/SEM, media, and digital advertising concepts
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools Google Adwords, Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and broad website concepts