At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Digital Product Management
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Financial tools are powerful and our communities, and Capital One want them to be used responsibly. You will play a critical role helping to uncover suspicious financial activity, keep our communities safe and protect Capital One from criminals. Given the importance of our role in protecting our bank and our communities, there is significant opportunity to create and enhance our infrastructure and improve the effectiveness of our team.
As a Product Manager within Compliance, you will be accountable for working with our technology teams to develop infrastructure, capabilities and solutions in support of our Investigative process. You will bring the voice of the investigator into our product features, ensure that features delivered are aligned with the intended business and compliance outcomes, and align work with our target architecture road map.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates the Roadmap and Vision to the technology team
- Acts as the voice of the business and investigator for the team
- Incorporates design thinking and analytics to inform product design
- Ensures a healthy backlog by regularly grooming intent with the team
- Prioritizes the Backlog to maximize on business and investigator (customer) outcomes
- Defines acceptance criteria for work and accepts user stories
- Collaborates across teams and the Product Owner community
- Supports team with escalation and resolution of impediments
- Works directly with team and plays a key role in key Agile and SAFe ceremonies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.