It is the primary responsibility of the Manager Digital Portfolio Operations & Analysis to execute on ongoing and ad hoc analysis related to the optimization of multiple components of Marketing operations. This position will report to the Executive Director Product Management and will support a corporate team focused on using analysis and data to enhance decision making across the Company’s multiple Marketing organizations. The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis will work with Marketing Finance teams to analyze large amounts of data and help operations develop business strategies based on key insights gained. This position will also work on additional strategic and analytical projects in conjunction with Marketing leadership to improve various aspects of company operations, financial reporting, performance, guest experience, service and marketing.
All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Perform on-going analyses to help drive optimization within the Marketing organization; responsible for building financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance in conjunction with Marketing Finance.
- Lead the annual operational planning process and monthly P&L review; drive variance analysis against budgets for the marketing/digital segments, identify risks and opportunities.
- Perform complex data analysis to evaluate key issues and develop insights; deliver recommendations for business improvements to Marketing leadership.
- Take ownership for one or more confidential initiatives; gather data, develop hypothesis, create recommendations and support implementation with moderate to minimal guidance.
- Forecast divisional and enterprise performance, including the impact of initiatives, and identify key strategies to drive improvements.
- Manage and generate recurrent reporting and informational tools, including performance dashboards in various formats (Excel, PPT, PDF, etc.), including item-level sales. profitability trends and outlet-level performance.
- Build and maintain relationships with property FP&A, Enterprise Analytics, FSSC and other departments to ensure priorities and resources are aligned to achieve performance objectives.
- Manage various continuous improvement initiatives as assigned, including project management of key resources throughout the company; managing timelines, deliverables and presentations.
- Champion continuous and measurable improvement in key initiatives and areas of focus.
- Demonstrate Business Acumen by using industry, market, competitive data and financial knowledge to understand and improve business results.
- Perform other job related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in an analytical role or in a related field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience performing analyses in a professional services setting such as Marketing, Financial Planning & Analysis, investment banking/finance, or a related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.