5 - 7 years
Posted 177 days ago
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Digital Performance
Shaw Communications Inc. has an exciting opportunity leading Digital Analytics in our Calgary, Alberta Corporate Headquarters.
The Manager, Digital Performance will lead a team of digital and technical analysts, who are responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting on Shaw’s digital properties and campaigns, and helping define a data-driven marketing strategy. They will provide strategic insights to help improve digital marketing effectiveness, online sales order conversion and overall digital customer journey and user experience. In addition, they will also play a key role in the operational execution of our marketing cloud tools to drive adoption of a new approach to marketing at Shaw.
As a passionate digital analytics practitioner, you should have an understanding of performance-based marketing, data mining, data modeling and predictive analytics. The successful candidate will also be a strong leader able to motivate team members to push beyond their boundaries, and a passionate individual with the ability to drive change and evangelize a data-driven culture. This position reports into the Director, Digital Sales.
• Lead team of analysts, providing guidance and training to ensure they have the skillset and tools to deliver on their business responsibilities.
• Provide actionable insights to drive continuous improvements in user experience, digital marketing campaign performance and online conversion.
• Utilize multiple marketing cloud solutions to design data-driven targeting strategies to deliver relevant content at the right point in the customer journey.
• Drive testing strategy for marketing campaigns leveraging DMP audiences, attribution data, and A/B testing, and communicate program results and progress.
• Define analytics requirements and solution design across all digital initiatives, and maintain data integrity across tag management, web analytics, DMP, attribution and business reporting tools.
• Establish success criteria and measurement framework tied to the strategic intent of initiatives and the underlying business objectives, and track team progress against targets.
• Prioritize initiatives based on business value and implementation effort.
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing and Marketing Operations teams to inform media investments, and recommend optimizations to drive down cost per acquisition and improve marketing efficiency.
• Socialize, train and support business stakeholders to empower them with real-time reporting capabilities and ensure data is being leveraged across the organization.
• Analytics thought leadership.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree in Business, Economics, Data Science, Mathematics, or similar. MBA preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a data analytics role
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in ecommerce or marketing
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive change
• Advanced quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Adobe Analytics suite, Google Analytics or similar, as well as tag management solutions like Tealium
• Experience with at least one of the following platforms: A/B and multivariate testing, algorithmic attribution, marketing automation, DMP, ad serving, and/or bid-management tools
• Experience with data visualization tools like Domo or Tableau
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proven ability to draw insights out of complex data and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with cross-functional teams, business partners and leadership
• Ability to handle a heavy workload, balancing multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about data-driven strategy and its ability to deliver beyond the status quo
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Position ID: J0518-0136